due

━━☆⌒*.  beginnings !

Y/N WALKED BY HERSELF down the hallway, pushing pass the crowds of students walking around the building

Y/N WALKED BY HERSELF down the hallway, pushing pass the crowds of students walking around the building. she eagerly wanted to go outside and to her secret space, a garden where she could read books and meditate all by herself. 

finally making it to the end of the hall, y/n exited the back door before the bright sun rays struck her face. the air felt crisp to her; the aroma of the atmosphere consisting of freshly watered plants and earth. walking to the very back of the school where the garden was, she noticed a boy sitting in her spot, crying rather harshly. if he hadn't been so upset, y/n probably would've yelled at him to leave.

instead, the now confused girl approached the sobbing boy whose dark raven curls covered his face as he cried into his arms. neatly laying her blanket down upon the soft soil, she sat beside the boy, but far enough so that it wasn't uncomfortable. 

"are you okay?" y/n asked the boy lowly. he sniffled before picking up his head from his arms, revealing his red tomato red face which was flushed with tears. he gave y/n a small smile before croaking, "yeah, i'll be alright...thanks." 

y/n nodded and smiled to herself, actually enjoying that she had some company with her. the girl continued with her daily routine, taking off her black jansport backpack to take out her novel of the week while the boy watched her closely, unaware that he had even stopped crying. y/n felt his eyes and her, causing her to turn to look at him, and this very moment, she knew the boy was for her. 

his head was consisted of dark, raven locks which landed perfectly on his face which to mention, was full of the tiniest, precious freckles scattered among the bridge of his nose and defined cheek bones. 

y/n thought he was absolutely beautiful; and frankly, he thought the same about her.

"what's your name?" y/n asked, setting her book beside her. "haven't seen you around school before."

"miles. you?" he replied, curious to find more out about the girl he was already growing so fond of.

"y/n l/n," she smiled. miles nodded before it was only silence between the two, comfortable silence though.

the pair observed the vast amount of flowers in the garden in front of them, which consisted of the most beautiful flowers one could observe. yellow sunflowers,  blood red roses, pink lilies; they were all there to adore. and now, y/n wouldn't have to adore them alone.

filling the silence y/n asked, "do you meditate?"

miles turned to her and shrugged. "no, but you can teach me."

"okay," she smiled. "come, sit on the blanket with me."

"okay," he laughed lowly, sitting on y/n's soft tan blanket, his body now only inches away from her.

"okay so first we sit criss-cross applesauce," she instructed, yet miles only laughed.

"you still say that?"

"yes, you don't?" she asked rather seriously. miles shook is head, "no but my sister does."

y/n smiled. "well whatever. now i need you to sit up straight."

miles closely followed her directions, mimicking y/n's posture. he wondered how long she's done this for, and what made her want to do it.

"now close your eyes, and take slow, steady breaths."

miles cooperated, feeling more relaxed than he did since a long time. he didn't feel sad, or mad, or worried anymore. he felt centered; something he could not feel without the help of y/n.

y/n opened her eyes to take a peek at miles. his face looked so relaxed, way calmer than he did than when y/n first approached him. y/n smiled to herself, feeling like she was actually useful. like she actually had purpose in life- like she could actually do good; something she could not feel without miles.

"can i hold your hand?" y/n whispered to miles before a wide smile came across his now blushed face.

"y-yeah."

y/n held out her hand, and miles gently connected his palm to hers before feeling her soft fingers wrap around his own.

"can we do this again tomorrow?" miles asked softly.

"yes, i'd love to."