💜Attention🖤

"Good morning shuichi." Kaede greeted me with slight annoyance in her tone "morning kaede" i sighed. She sat next to me and stared "w-what?" I stutter 'damn it she told me to stop' "why where you talking with Ouma?" She asked strictly. What? What does ouma have to do with anything? "W-what's wrong with talking to him?" I asked a little roughed tone that i had hoped "ugh shuichi you always do this! You were supposed to call me yesterday but you blew me off to talk to ouma and you were supposed to walk with me to school yet here you are talking to ouma!" She complained. Damn it. I dont wanna fight again. I just didn't feel like talking to her for this exact reason "he's my friend and you were busy yelling at me yesterday" i pulled down my hat but she ripped it from my hands "this too! This dumb hat i can never look at you in the eyes because of this!" She put it down and sighed .

|| Shuichi's POV ||

"Kaede i dont feel like fighting right now please just stop?" I pleaded her "No! No i wont stop shuichi! You need to pay attention to your girlfriend! You always take way too long to reply to my texts, you blow off our calls and we barely even go on dates! All we do is have lunch and hold hands in the corridors. I feel like you pay more attention to your friends than me." She sighed calming down a little "I'm sorry kaede, but you know full well that when you complain about everything i do it's stresses me out and i need some distraction! My friends provide that." I picked up my hat and walked off leaving kaede alone under the tree.

Classes went by slowly and it was finally lunch time.

I dont feel like talking to kaede and she sits with kaito,maki, amani and Shirogane. Ill just have to at the courtyard. Its quiet and i can be alone.

I walked to the front courtyard only to find the one and only Supreme Leader. He was staring out into nothing with an empty look on his face that i have noticed more often on him lately. He was listening to music but i didn't want to be alone with my thoughts at the moment so i decided to sit with him.
"Ouma-kun!" I waved as i walked towards him and his eyes gained some spark "saihara-chan! What gives me the pleasure of speaking to the ultimate detective?" He said slyly as he took out his earphones, i instantly smiled and sat next to him on the same tree "i want to spend lunch with you" i smiled and he had a confused look plastered on his face"hm? Why? You have better friends dont you?" He replied "again i have other friends not better and i dont feel like talking to kaede or my friends at the moment" i finished the sentence slightly annoyed "ah i see....well welcome to lonely lunch hours with your host Ouma!" He stuck out his tongue and gave me a peice sign. I chuckled and we chatted for the rest of lunch.

It was now after school and i had to walk with kaede. Great more drama.

I stood outside school dreadfully waiting for the ultimate pianist "Shuichi! Hi lets go" she gave a smile but i just stayed silent and nodded adjusting my hat "so um where were you at lunch?" She asked "with Ouma" i replied quickly. She sighed and spoke again "Ouma really? You know he lies to everyone?" "He gave you his entire lunch didnt he?"i replied angrily "well i just-" you cant assume he's a bad person and shut him out because of a few white lies" she sighed and smiled "fine fine i get it he's your friend. Anyway shuichi... if you really need to work or are having a bad day just text me before so i know to leave you alone ok? Then we wont have as many fights" she sujested.. it doesn't sound too bad so i agreed "ok" i smiled and just as she giggled we were at my house "cya shu!" She smiled brightly and i returned it with a smaller and timid smile.

"Afternoon kiddo how was school" my uncle greeted me from the couch he was on "it was fine. Actually remember Ouma from middle school?" I walked toward the couch "hm.. oh! That small, shy purple haired?" He asked "yup! I started talking to him again and he's super nice! He keeps me calm even yesterday when i was anxious" i smiled and went to the fridge for a snack or drink "thats great! More friends well done shuichi" he smiled and returned his focus on the tv, i smiled back.
There were as few bottles of soft drinks but some cought my attention.. two bottles of 'panta' i remembered kokichi loved panta "hey uncle?" I called out from the fridge "hm" he hummed "mind if i take a bottle of panta to school tomorrow?" He looked at me slightly confused but agreed "thanks!" I grabbed the other bottle and ran up to my room.

To my surprise i opened the door to my phone ringing. Someone was calling.

Word count:887