01

A year is long time to many, so much can be done in span of twelve months. To a parent, a year goes by like a blink of an eye. 

Taehyung remembered when  Yu-jun was born. How the newborn was so small and frail. As a single parent for the first time, he wasn't aware of how time was an illusion. Those three hundred and sixty fives days passed as if it was air.

 By the time he looked at his child, Yu-jun was finally able to crawl and make progress of standing. He's finally one. The big one digit, the important one. The baby babbled as he crawled onto the ground on the blanket covered carpeted floor, Taehyung wanted to make sure that his baby was in good care. The constant rubbing on his infant knees on the harsh rug would cause some rug burns. The baby was trying to move but remained stationary.

Yu-jun started to giggle as he smiled at his father, who was in front of him, in his belly watching him with the biggest smile in his face. It was permanently etched on his face. Yu-jun flashed his smile that consisted of one tooth, another one making its way but has yet resurfaced again as he inched forward. 

"You remind me so much of your father," he commented as he clapped his hands as a way to encourage Yu-jun into his arms, "you have his smile," Yes, he was aware that Yu-jun still has yet to have the rest of teeth come in but he was spitting image of Jeongguk. At first, he assumed that he would of take after him but as he developed over time, he was starting to gain characteristics that were prominent in his ex. 

Most would be bothered if their child look like an ex or last lover but not Taehyung, he holds no ill judgement towards Jeongguk.

"He would have loved you so much, I know he would of , if only he was ready." 

Taehyung got up and carried Yu-jun, placing him in his booster seat inside their small kitchen. Yu-jun was the only one that had true furniture in their small but cheap apartment. As a teenager, he used what he saved up during those beginning years of his job as barista to pay what were known as essentials for Yu-jun, the rest, his parents tried to provide the most that they could. 

"I wish he would be here, he would of been so proud of you on your progress. He missed your first movement of crawling, and soon, we will get to walking. He would of been so proud, you being his flesh and blood, he would see you with his eyes filled with pride and joy,"  Taehyung slowly blended up some fresh strawberries and bananas, almost into a soft consistency. He wanted to teach Yu-jun to eats more solids since his teeth were slowly coming in, "Happy birthday baby," he gave his child a small peck on his forehead before finding a spoon to serve his son. 

"You're dad, despite leaving us was a good person, I'll tell you stories all about it," he spoke as he slowly spoon feed Yu-jun, who was savoring the sweet bites of banana, "I hope you see in him in good light just like how I see him." 

(I hope this makes sense, I'm trying my hardest to make sure that everyone flows the best it can,if it doesn't make sense, please tell me)