10

"Daddy, I'm finally ten!" Yu-jun came running into the kitchen where Taehyung was cooking some pancakes, "what are we going to do today?" The now ten year old wanted to know what activities he could do to spend time with his dad. 

"Honey, I have work today, Misun is busy in the bakery, I'll take you there and you can play with ?Mihyuk there, how does that sound?" He tried to make the news sound fantastic but it's not the ideal way Yu-jun wanted to spend his birthday, but he didn't mind. 

"But before we go, can I get a story about dad. Last year you sang to me, what about now?" He continued to pester his dad. He knew that Taehyung works more hours now to be able to afford the most he could for his son. 

"Well, your dad was a natural sweetheart. A good boy, if you will," he chuckled as he remembered how he would call Jeongguk his good boy, "He always put others first, just like the time I told you that he protected me. Jeongguk also spent most of his time volunteering, we usually did this together. He was very selfless. We spent a good time volunteering, that's why we do it." 

Yu-jun was trying to recall the times were he would be in a building where they would package food for the hungry, "Daddy would do what we do?" 

"Yes, that exact same place too. Your dad cared for many issues like that. He would donate clothing to shelters, make packaged foods and even give homeless food that he bought with his own money. Your father had many good qualities about him, he has a big heart. That's why we volunteer as well, we have big hearts as well," Taehyung bopped his son's tiny nose. 

"I came from daddy's who have hearts filled with love like this" Yu jun tried to expand his arms as much as he could, "just like this. I do too," he included himself in his statement. 

"You do, I want you to know that even if I couldn't do much this year, I hope that I make it up to you in the form of stories about Jeongguk," He ruffed his son's hair.

"All that matters is that I get love from you and get a story about my other daddy," Yu-jun said as he waited for his father to plate him the pancake. 

"Exactly, plus, maybe we can learn from your other dad," Taehyung said, "he did many good from what I know," he also did some bad, such as leaving him but that was not the time for being petty.

(I can't believe this book is almost over, just eight more chapters left. I hope you guys enjoy this)