14

This year Yu-jun found himself diving into the shoebox filled with photo of both his parents, "I only got to look at one photo last year, I was in awe to continue scavenging around but I think I, ready now," the young teen was determine to see more, Taehyung didn't oppose it.  Their he saw a photo of Jeongguk in a blue and white vertical stripped shirt, black slacks, having one eye closed as he looked as he was taking a photo somewhere in the distance. "I feel as if I opened pandora's box," he laughed as he felt so giddy, seeing another photo of his father, "there's so much here that feeds my curiosity." 

Upon seeing what photo the boy was staring at Taehyung commented about how he's the one that took the photo, he caught the other off guard. 

Yu-jun eyes sparked as he saw a picture of Taehyung, it was one were he did his infamous pose as teen, where he would have a hand over his head, he had a smoldering look into the camera. Very charismatic. His was wearing a open pink long sleeve coat with plain white shirt, black slacks. He turned the photo around, revealing his father's signature, "He took this of you?" Yu-jun showed his father the photo, who was slightly embarrassed of his pose. 

" He did, he's amazing at photography, isn't he?" He watched as the teen agreed. 

"Dad," he called off quietly, "I'm thankful that your letting me see more. I know I've been a handful this year, longing for more about my dad. I'm sorry if that was annoying for you to bare, it's just that I only got a slight glimpse and now I have a whole look at it." 

Taehyung understood the teenager, "You haven't been anything, Jun, I am just surprised at how much you love him despite ever meeting him." 

"You've always told me on how he was an amazing person, all these stories over the last fourteen years. I know this isn't a story, it's more of a visual viewing but it counts. This tells me a story of your love, all visuals, no words." 

"I'm glad that you can see our love as open book," Taehyung looked at his son who continued to dig around inside the box. 

"I'm really thankful for you letting me rummage around, I feel like this is intrusive on your life, dad," Yu-jun placed the photo of Jeongguk down, "Is it? I can stop," Taehyung replied to his son that it wasn't at all. He had the right to know about Jeongguk. 

"This was all for you anyways, I need to let it go. As a gift, I want you to keep it. You can see it anytime you want. Ask all the questions you have about this, I have plenty more to show you for these upcoming years. My big boy deserves to know more about his father, your old enough to know more. I can't keep hiding everything like before giving you short stories. You need more than that, we both now that." 

Yu-jun honored his father's honesty. Was he hurting his father by opening about his past?  

"You don't have to, just tell me what you think I should now," he went to give his father a tight hug, "I'll take anything you send my way," he took a big huff, inhaling the subtle cologne of his father.