Chapter 11

The Next Day

Mercedes woke up with a really bad headache. The events of the day before were still fresh on her mind and instead of being happy to be graduating she was sad. Her whole life had fallen apart in a matter of hours, the guy she thought loved her had only been using her and she was dumb enough to marry him. Her mother had already made it very clear that it would be annulled and she have to miss her graduation because she would be at the doctors for the first half of the day getting tested and checked out to make sure he hadn't tried to get her pregnant or given her any STD's. She sat up to find her door wide open and her brother sleeping on her couch. Her parents told her they didn't really intend on kicking her out they just needed her to understand what being an adult under their roof meant. She reached for her phone and saw she had several messages from Anthony, at any other time she would have been thrilled to read them but she couldn't bring herself to open them. She heard Mark clear his throat and placed her phone face down.

"Morning Merce. You sleep ok?"

"When I finally crashed yes... when did you come in here?"

"After the second time I heard you crying. You seemed to settle down so I just crashed on the sofa... just in case."

"Oh... Mark, I'm really-"

"Don't. I'm not ready to forgive you for lying to me. I'm close but not there yet. You should probably start getting ready, you know moma will be up here soon and you know how she is about being on time."

"Either show up early or don't show up at all." They said together with a soft laugh. Mark got up and started to walk out before stopping.

"Give me your phone." He said walking over to her.

"Why?"

"Because you don't need to be tempted to talk to him."

"I won't. I don't ever want to talk to him again."

"Then give me your phone."

"Okay." She said handing over her phone. Mark took it and saw that she had a few messages from Anthony and made a mental note to let him know he wasn't to talk to his sister again.

"It'll get better." He replied giving her a kiss on her forehead before leaving. Mercedes took a deep breath and got up to get dressed she knew she about to have a long day. After showering, doing her hair and getting dressed she was about to head down stairs before being stopped by JJ.

"Go back in your room and don't come out until I come and get you." He said sternly.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it." He said before walking down stairs. She shook her head and went back to her room.

Downstairs

"Marie what the hell did you do?" David asked his wife with wide eyes.

"I haven't done anything... yet. I just want to talk to him." She said looking past her husband at Anthony.

"But why the hell did you have him come here! You couldn't talk to him over the phone?"

"I know what I'm doing." Marie said patting David on his shoulder. She was ready to get this over with so she could get her daughter to the doctors and him out of their lives.