Chapter 14

Church

Sam woke up to the sweetest smell, he inhaled deeply and knew what it was as his eyes shot open. He saw the mass of curls sprawled out on his arm and looked down and saw her there. She must have came into the guest room after he had fallen asleep because she wasn't there when laid down. He loved how she fit right into him so perfectly and wanted to stay like this forever but he knew he had to get her back upstairs before her family found them. He shifted slightly and kissed her on the forehead making her smile but not fully wake up.

"Cedes, baby." He whispered sweetly.

"hmm?" She said still not opening her eyes and turning over with her back facing him.

"Come on, we gotta get up and you back into your room before your family notices that you're in here." He said turning her back to face him, this time her eyes were open and she had a relaxed look on her face that made him smile.

"They won't notice if you be quiet and go back to sleep." She said resting her head back on his chest and wrapping a leg around him. Her soft body against him wasn't going to make it easy for him to resist her much longer and he knew that if he didn't get her up soon there was a chance they would be doing more than they should.

"As amazing as that sounds, and believe me I want to stay like this we have to be mindful of our surrounding and-" He said before she kissed him so deeply that he forgot his train of thought. She began to straddle him before he stopped her and instead moved to hover over her. He wrapped his hands around her and pulled her close to her deepening their embrace before they both jumped at the sound of the knocking on the door. They both sank into the bed trying to stifle their laughs, the knock came again and he finally spoke.

"Yeah?" Sam said trying to sound like he was just now waking up.

"I just wanted to let you know breakfast will be ready shortly." Marie said through the door and Mercedes made a look, she knew her mother better than that and knew she should've opened the door by now.

"Okay, I'll be in there shortly." They both laid there in silence for a minute before letting out a breath of relief.

"Oh and Mercedes you better get up to your room before David gets up." Marie said opening the door with a raised eyebrow and giving a look only a mother can give. Sam felt her sink further under the covers and tried to hide his amusement before speaking.

"Mrs. Marie, I really didn-" He started before she interrupted him.

"I know baby, these kids of mine think we don't know anything about being young. She seems to forget that her brothers were the same way. Trying to be sneaky and whatnot, little girl you had better be clothed and upstairs in the next five minutes before-" Marie said before stopping and shaking her head and walking out of the room and closing the door. They could hear her talking to David and her telling him that Mercedes stepped out for a minute which is why she wasn't in her room. A few minutes later Marie stuck her head back in and mouth 'you owe me!" and left.

"I think we should get ready for breakfast and church..." She said from under the covers still hiding. Sam pulled the covers off of her face and let out a hearty laugh, the look on her face was golden. She looked so innocent yet very guilty at the same time.

"I think you may be right. Come on, I need to get my bag anyways." He replied getting out of bed and slowly opening the door, he checked to make sure the coast was clear before nodding her over to leave first. He watched at she began to sneak upstairs and she would have been successful had she not been spotted by Mark. There was a silent battle to stop him from saying anything she quickly put her hand over his mouth as he struggled to break free of her grip. JJ walked in and saw them battling on the stair before walking over to where Sam was standing watching it all go down.