Chapter 19

"Baby? Can you hear me?"

Mercedes eyes fluttered open and she saw a pair of green eyes looking at her intently, they were laced with concern and another set of eyes that were worried. She felt Sam touch her face gently caressing it as a relieved smile formed on his lips.

"Mercy, I need you to nod or say something to let my know you can hear me." Sam said softly, her throat was dry so she just nodded and looked at the other set of eyes and gave them a weak smile.

"Hey there gorgeous. You gave us a big scare we can't have you just fainting on us." Dwight said smiling back at her and handing her a cup of water, which she gladly took and took a long sip.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure what happened... I had this God awful dream that we were bombarded-" She stopped at the looks on both Dwight's and Sam's faces and began shaking her head slowly.

"No, no, no, no... not again." She said getting choked up as tears began to fill her eyes. She was immediately engulfed in Sam's arms as he held onto her tightly.

"What does she mean but again?" Dwight asked.

"Nothing Pops..."

"No... we have to tell him there's no point in hiding this it's probably all over the gossip sites by now. How could I have been so damn stupid." She said letting the tears fall and feeling so bad for putting Sam and his family through all of this bullshit. She knew it would come back to bite her in the ass but hoped that it would just fade away. Things with Sam were so good and she should have known they were too good to be true. She reluctantly pulled away and looked at Sam who looked worried, stress and deeply angry, she did this... had she just let things remain professional between them this wouldn't be happening to him or his family. She quickly thought about her parents and brothers, they would have to relive all of this and all because she wanted to be adventurous with her boyfriend. She looked at Dwight and sighed before telling him the condensed version of everything she told Sam and once she was done she could see he was thinking deeply about everything she revealed.

"It's okay, we all have skeletons." Dwight said after some time and gave her a gentle hug before asking her to give him and Sam a moment. She nodded and watched as they walked away into the other room.

"Who else knows about this?" Dwight asked once they were far enough from Mercedes.

"As far as I know just us and her parents. I'm not even sure who said anything to the- RACHEL!" Sam grunted when he remembered her sudden niceness and departure. What he couldn't get was how Rachel even found out about her past marriage or how she got video of them in lake. She went to her cabin and didn't leave as far as he knew until that morning.

"Rachel? That crazy girl you used to fool around with in high school? What does she have to do with this?" Dwight asked feeling lost. Sam shook his head and knew it was time to tell his dad about their tradition.

"Pops... me, Stevie and Stacey have been sneaking out to go to the old camp." He said feeling like a child waiting for his dad to explode.

"I know that. You're mother and I have always know, why do you think you've never been arrested?" Dwight asked chuckling.

"You knew? How?"

"You mother and I followed you three one year and found out about it, we bought the campgrounds the next day but let the original owners maintain it all." Dwight replied nonchalantly.

"So you've always known?"

"Yes, now back to Rachel. What does she have to do with this."

"She showed up and tried to imply that we were on again off again. She offered to help Cedes when she found out she was sick and when I told her no, she just apologized for being rude to Mercedes and said that she hoped the best for us and then left." Sam said breathing deeply before continuing.