Chapter 13

"Here, he said taking his suit jacket off and wrapping it around her shoulders." She took it an inhaled his scent getting lost in just how good he smelled. He grabbed her hand and they walked to the end of the dock, which he knelled down and took off his shoes and sock, then rolled up his pant legs. While he was down there he removed the boots he'd placed on her feet earlier and scrunched up her dress so it wouldn't get wet. He helped her sit down then sat next to her with the blanket and wrapped it around his shoulders before leaving once side open for her to cuddle up to him. She wrapped one arm around his waist and moved in as closely as she could before resting her head on his chest with one foot under her and the other light dangling off the edge of the pier. This was too good to be true but yet there they were in complete silence, wrapped up together in one of the most amazing spots known to man. This date was everything and so much more and before she knew it she let it slip just how much she was enjoying being with him.

"I love you." She said softly before realizing what she just said.

Did I really just say that out loud? Oh shit Mercedes... you just put your whole foot in your mouth.

"I love you too." Sam said drawing Mercedes out of her own thoughts and back to reality. Did she really hear him right? He chuckled at the look on her face and pulled her into a gentle kiss before standing up and reaching down to help her up.

"I want you to sing with me." He said walking towards his guitar case. He had placed it down by a tree before they headed towards the water.

"Okay! What are we going to sing?" She asked excitedly, she had always wanted to sing a song with him so this was a dream come true. She watched him get his guitar and heard him strumming and knew the song immediately.

(Sam, Mercedes, together)

Looking out across the nighttime
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear his voice, shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

Get me out into the nighttime
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, (does he do me that way)
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

Reaching out to touch a stranger

Electric eyes are everywhere

See that girl, she knows I'm watching
She likes the way I stare

If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way

I like livin' this way

I like lovin' this way

Oh why
Oh why
Oh why
Oh why

Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature

Why

Sam looked at Mercedes with so much heat in his eyes he could've burned her dress right off of her body. He saw her bite her lip and smile, she was teasing him without even knowing it. He moved closer to her holding his gaze, pulling her into and kissing her passionately. He cupped her face pulling her deeper wanting to taste her more, using his tongue to prod her lips for entrance which she gave. Their tongues fought for dominance which she won surprising them both, Sam knew if he didn't stop now he would take her now and he wanted to please her properly. Remembering her moans and how good his name sounded coming from her lips when she was nearing her peak made him want to do everything he could to hear it again but he couldn't do it at her parents house. He reluctantly pulled away catching his breath and fighting the moan wanting to leave him when he saw the desire in her eyes. She wanted him just as badly as he wanted her.