Count On Me Friend

Miranda was surprised what she heard and saw in the kitchen with her assistant Emily. She was on a blind corner spot looking and listening to Emily. She has doubts of asking for clarification or comforting Emily. The kettles whistle brings back Emily to reality and Miranda found a good chance to approach and play dead like nothing heard.

M:Early bird
E:Oh, Hi! Want some tea or coffee?
M:Tea. Your up so early it's just 5am.
E:here's your tea. Yeah.. I can't go back to sleep so I decided to have tea and get up early.
M:thank you. You look so stressed. Are you alright? You can always count on me as a friend. What is it? Miranda said. As she sits next to Emily on the kitchen counter.
E:just missing someone and maybe homesick? I guess.. She said as she tries not to cry. There was a pose for silence as they look at each other. Emily put her feet up amd placed her elbow on her knees and hide her face on it. and then Miranda hugged Emily and she starts to burst to cry harder and harder.
M:Emily? What is it? Tell me and I will listen. Consider me a friend not just your superior.
E:I miss my family.. My.. My.. My dog.. My apartment.. My home.. The beach.. Just deeply missed them.. I miss everyone.. I've been alone for 5 years now...I... I can't mmi can't live without them.. They all left me.. Miranda.. They're gone..
M:I know sweetheart. You have suffered and have been brave all alone for sometime. It won't hurt to not be okay. Let go that burden and heavy feelings.. Im here for you always.. Do you remember? I've been here for most of 5 years.. I am still here and always will be.. It's okay.. It's okay.. She allowed herself to breakdown after so long years.. Let down her God and stopped pretending as the cold blooded and snubby assistant. They remain that way for 10 minutes until Emily stopped crying.
M:Why don't we take a small nap on my room to relax you before we go work. We still have time. What do you think we wake up after an hour that's 6:20.. Come on I will lit uo candles and will reheat this lovely tea.
Miranda was relieved when Emily calmed and took nap. She stroke Emily's hair and started humming a song

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

Miranda fall back to sleep with everything on. Luckily she did not cover herself in the blanket. The two were unaware that Andrea had heard everything Emily said. She was about to confess but then she saw Miranda which was of her surprise from the corner. She had stayed there watching the two and listening. She pity for Emily however she got nothing to do for now. When they disappear she went back downstairs glad that no one's there. She decided to make breakfast since she knows the helper is not on duty for health check up. Hoping that this will help them in little by little.