⚓︎ 𝙃𝙞𝙨 𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 ⚓︎

The scenery that passed me was so familiar, yet distant. The Hogwarts Express was taking us all the way to Hogwarts, where I would finally begin my fifth year. I had gone home for the summer- back to London- but it was time to return.

I sat with my best friend, Esme, and we both chatted a bit about our summers. Of course, since she's a pure blood, she spent all summer in Hogsmeade with her family. While I, on the other hand, had to spend summer babysitting.

"So, what's been going on here while I was gone?" I asked, turning my gaze from the fields of bright green grass back to Esme, who was fidgeting with her fingernails.

"Well, not too much that I know of. But, I have something to tell you." She smiled, an easy grin folding onto her full lips. I knitted my brows together, waiting for her to finish. "Ron and I are... Dating." She said quietly, moving her brown eyes away from my gaze.

I was unsure of what to say, or even do for a few moments, then I realized she was eager for a response. "Esme, that's... Amazing!" I exclaimed, giving her a broad smile. She breathed an obviously sigh of relief, and allowed her eyes to meet mine again.

She was obviously nervous about the whole thing, almost like she was unsure of what else to say. "I like him, a lot. He's so sweet." She said calmly, turning her attention back to the window.

Though I wanted to be happy for her, truly, a small feeling inside of me wept; the lonely part of me. The part of me that was afraid I'd never like anyone how Esme likes Ron. It's always been a fear of mine, but it only seems to grow worse.

Just as I was about to sulk, Ron appeared coming down the walkway, straight toward Esme and I. "Don't look now." I said with a raise of my eyebrow, keeping my eyes on him. Almost instantly, she turned her head.

When their eyes met I could feel the sparks fly. He dashed toward her and gave her a great big smile, then a hug, then he slid into the seat with her. "Look at you two lovebirds." I said plainly, a hint of jealously noticeable in my voice.

Esme smiled and nodded, resting her head on his shoulder. Her dark brown curly hair fell perfectly over him. "You have no idea how much I've missed you." He said gingerly, running his hands through the top of her hair.

At that point I just looked out the window and seemingly turned off my hearing, focusing only on the visuals passing me. Though I wanted to be happy for them, truly, it seemed too gushy for me; too lovey-dovey.

The rest of the train ride was quite slow. I was busy tuning out the universe, while Esme and Ron fell asleep on one another. Though, the moment the train stopped, I slid out of the chair and into the isle, stretching my arms and legs.

We had arrived, finally, at the docking station. I reached overhead and grabbed- well- tried to grab my bag. I was just too short to reach them. Looking down the isle, I saw no one but Blaise, Pansy, and Draco Malfoy.

Since Esme and Ron were still... Being "madly in love", I spoke over to the group of Slytherin's. "Can one of you help me, please?" I asked blandly. None of them turned for a few moments, then a blond head of hair looked straight at me, sky blue eyes piercing into my soul.

A shiver trailed down my spine. He had given me a gutting look. Before I had a chance to say nevermind, he was making his way toward me at a quick pace, a light smirk pulling over his left cheek.

Instead of grabbing it and placing it on the ground, like any normal human being, he pushed it off of the shelf. I jumped back as it hit the floor. The sound of items, clothing, and anything else valuable crashing inside.

He looked down and smiled at his handy work, then raised an eyebrow at me. "It's at your height now, isn't it?" He asked with a sheepish voice. I rolled my eyes and hardened my expression, trying to give him my best 'you're a bitch look.'