Chapter 1: birthday celebration

Christina's POV:
"Happy birthday Christina!"
I opened my tired eyes to find my beautiful mother standing next to my bed holding a small tray with a cupcake on it. The cupcake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting, my favorite.
" mom, why did you wake me up so early? It's seven thirty A.M."
" I just wanted you to be all dressed and ready for what your brother and I have planned for today." She planned something? I told her I didn't want a party.
" I told you I didn't want a party" I groaned as I sat up, shoved the covers off of me and gently touched my bare feet to the cold hardwood floor.
" I'm not throwing you a party." She said as I made my way to my closet.
" what's going on today that I have to get up at seven for then?"
" oh, you'll see when we get there. I think you're gonna love it." She tossed her medium length dark hair over her shoulder with her hand.
" okay. What should I wear, though? Like casual, fancy, in between..?"
"Casual. But nothing too revealing, okay Christina? "
" got it Maggie" I replied. She hates it when I call her Maggie. She glared at me jokingly.
" hurry up, slowpoke! You have until ten to get ready." Ugh. I pushed some shirts on hangers aside and looked through some tank tops, crop tops, and t shirts. I took out a red short sleeved crop top with a pocket on the right chest, and some black high waisted skinny jeans with slits in the knees. I looked across the room at my shoes. My mom had left me some new vans. Thanks mom. I walked over to the shoes and picked them up. There were cherry blossom branches over a teal background. Just so I could wear them, I replaced my red crop top with a teal one. I slid into my skinny jeans after taking off the shorts and tank top I wore to bed. I lazily pulled on my shirt and shoes. Then I headed into my bathroom to do my hair and makeup. I decided that I would do my hair first to give myself a chance to wake up. I plugged in my straightener and turned it on. While it heated up I brushed my hair and divided it in half, sweeping the top part into a ponytail. I started straightening it when I looked out the window. It was always sunny in Arizona, but today was different. The trees were swaying in the wind. The sky was cloudless and bright blue. There were chirping birds and the sounds of cars rolling by. I love it when my birthday falls on a Saturday. I finished straightening my long blonde hair and picked up my makeup bag. I dug inside for mascara, concealer, eyeliner, brow gel, and some foundation. I applied my foundation and concealer first, then my eyeliner then I reached for my mascara when I realized I hadn't curled my lashes. So I searched around for my eyelash curler in my bag and after about two minutes, I found it. I then curled my lashes and applied my mascara. My face looked pretty bland so I added some peach colored blush in an attempt to make myself look more awake. After finishing my hair and makeup I put all my stuff away and walked back into my room. I grabbed my phone off the charger, my earbuds, and my wallet. I realized that I may need more than cash so I pulled out a small black over the shoulder purse with a gold chain on it and stuffed in my wallet, some Chapstick, and some gum. I was reaching for my door knob when I realized I left my phone on my dresser. I grabbed that and headed out into the living room where my mom was.