Chapter Twelve

I never thought this day would happen. Everyone was here. For  me. And me only. The white dress was down to my knees and I was wearing white flip-flops. There was a flowere crown veil on my head and was covering my face. The beach was the only place we had ever wanted to get married, and here we are. The sun was out and it was absolutely beautiful. It wasn't too hot or too cold either. It was perfect. 

"Cassie, are you ready?" 

Hook was at the door, waiting. He was going to walk me down the isle. I had no other father figure in my life other than him. He was dressed in his nicest suit and had cleaned up very nicely. I turned back to the mirror and bit my lip nervously. 

"What if he changes his mind and walks out?" I asked nervously. 

Hook walked over to me and looked at my reflection in the mirror with me. 

"Cassie, nobody had ever had this effect on Pan. Ever. I remember before you came into his life, he didn't believe in true love. Now that you're here, you changed him. You made him realize that there is love in this world. You are his everything." Hook said. 

I nodded. 

"Ready?" Hook asked as he looked at me. I nodded and we walked out of the room to the beach. 

Then, all eyes were on me. Pan was at the altar, looking back at me. As soon as he saw me, his face lit up and he smiled so big. I reached the altar and I couldn't help but blush as Pan looked at me lovingly. As the preacher went on and on, I tuned him out and looked at Pan. 

It was time to put the rings on and I couldn't stop shaking. As we put the rings on each other's fingers, our families cheered. 

"Do you, Peter Pan, take Cassie Mills to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold until death do you part?"

"I do." 

"And Cassie, do you take Peter Pan as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold until death do you part?"

"I -"

"Cassie, time to get up." Henry said as he threw a pillow at me. 

I groaned and lifted my head off my arms. 

"Did you really sleep there?" Henry asked as he looked at me. 

I nodded. "Yeah." I replied. 

"Time for breakfast." Henry said as he walked out of my room. 

I sighed and walked down into the living room. Henry was in the kitchen having his breakfast, which was bacon and eggs. I just sat on the couch, staring blankly at the TV. There wasn't even anything good on. I settled on a Tom and Jerry cartoon until my mom walked in. 

"Cassie, I'm going out for a little bit today. Do you think you can handle the chores?" She asked. 

I shrugged. "I'll do my best." I said softly. My mom smiled. 

"Good. All you can do is try." She said. I nodded and she went to get a shower. 

After 10 minues, she walked back down, all ready for wherever she was going. 

"I'll be back at around 3!" She called as she closed the door. 

I sighed and focused on the cartoon until it ended. Then I had nothing else to do. I decided to just get the chores over with so I could just do nothing for the rest of the day. I walked into the kitchen and started doing the dishes. 

Heh. I thought. Just like at the orphanage. 

I finished the dishes and then started vaccuming. I cleaned up all around the house and even did the floor in the kitchen. When I was finished, I sat on the couch and watched some TV with Henry.