Chapter V: The Podrace

Chapter Starts.

It's now daytime. The sandstorm seems to be dying down but it's still going on. We see our heroes sitting down at a table along with Anakin and his mother Shmi. They are eating breakfast and Jar Jar seems to be eating a little more hastily. Jar Jar stops and looks up to see everyone glancing at him every now and again.

Jar Jar: Oh. Sorry. I hadn't eaten in days before this.

Shmi: It's quite alright

Anakin: Yeah trust me. We know of that struggle.

Padmè looks at Anakin, a little sympathetically however still keeping her stern composure. Anakin half smiles and looks back down.

Shmi: Well either way it's good that you're here. The storm seems to be dying down. You know they may be dangerous but the Bandilos take advantage of people who are stuck out there.

Padmè: I can't believe there's still this kind of crime and injustice in the galaxy. I figured the Republic....

Shmi cuts her off

Shmi: I hate to say it like this but the Republic, doesn't exist out here. Not this far in the outer rim at least.

Anakin: We have to survive on our own out here.

Out of nowhere Jar Jar then uses his frog like tongue to snatch a berry from the other side of the table. And he eats it and burps quietly.

Jar Jar: Scuse me.

They all choose to ignore it, though Obi-Wan gave Jar Jar a stern look. Telling him to stop. The table is now silent until Anakin breaks it.

Anakin: So.... have you guys ever seen a Podrace?

Obi-Wan: They've Podracing on Malastare. Very fast. Very dangerous. And we caught a glimpse of yours earlier.

Anakin: I'm the only human who can do it.

Obi-Wan then looks amazed at Anakin. He continues speaking.

Obi-Wan: You must have Jedi reflexes then, if you can do that.

As Obi-Wan talks about Jedi reflexes, he shows his when Jar Jar sticks out his tongue again. Obi-Wan reaches his hand out and catches it before Jar Jar can eat again.

Obi-Wan: (clutching Jar Jars tongue in his hand) Don't do that again.

Obi-Wan pulls on his tongue and then let's go. Jar Jar's head cocks back and then he sits still for a minute.

Anakin: You're a Jedi aren't you?

Obi-Wan looks surprised. He doesn't know how Anakin found that out

Obi-Wan: How do you figure that?

Anakin: I saw your uhhh..... what're they called? Oh. I saw your Lightsaber. I don't know much but I know the Jedi carry those kinds of weapons.

Obi-Wan: Well what if I killed a Jedi and took it from him?

Anakin: I don't think so. As far as I know no one can kill a Jedi.

Obi-Wan smiles

Obi-Wan: Well I wish that were so

Padmè: Unfortunately, if we don't get off of here quick enough then more people will die on Naboo.

Anakin: So what're you guys really here for?

Obi-Wan: I can see there's no fooling you Anakin. We're on a very important mission. We need to make it to Coruscant.

Anakin: But your ship is damaged?

Padmè: Yep. And we're stranded until we can repair it.

Anakin thinks for a moment.