Mama

One month later

Anne was helping Cathy put Mae to bed when a small hand tugs at her pants leg.
"Mama can you tell me a story?"
"In a bit Lizzie. I just need to help mommy put Mae to bed okay?" She says and Elizabeth just nods, walking out of the room. Mae was kicking up a fuss so putting her to bed would be a 2 person job.

***

Elizabeth sighs as she sits on her bed hugging bo. Her mama spent all her time with Mae now and was always cuddling her instead. She was singing to Mae now. Why did she never sing to her? Was she bad? Was she gonna be sent away?
"Hey Lizzie. What are you still doing up?" Bessie says, walking in.
"Mama never told me a story"
"She will soon. Let's get you settled and you can wait for mama okay?" Lizzie nods and lets Bessie tuck her in and then just waits for her mama to come. Soon it's all quiet and dark and nobody comes at all. She hears Jane talking to someone and then the car driving away. Her mama forgot her! She pouts and turns off her lamp. Why was Mae the favourite now? Did mama think she was cuter? She starts crying and Mary comes in.
"Lizzie? What's wrong?" She just keeps crying and Mary lies down with her.
"I'll stay here with you then"

***

"Anne did you tell Lizzie a story before we left?" Cathy asks as they walk out of the theatre and Anne gasps.
"Fuck! Oh god she must be feeling so upset now!"
"Go cuddle her tonight. She needs her mama" Anne nods and gets into the car after signing some playbills and taking pictures. They get home and pay the babysitter and Anne runs upstairs, waking Mary in the process. Mary gets the message and walks out and Anne sits down.

A week later

Anne walks downstairs carrying Elizabeth who had become somewhat clingy. She couldn't leave her alone for 10 minutes which made rehearsals extremely difficult. Anne refused to be negative about it. Instead she always praised Elizabeth for staying somewhere without her for any period of time and enjoyed carrying her around. Right now they were sat on the couch. Cathy on one side of her holding Mae and Elizabeth on the other sucking her thumb and clinging to Anne's shirt.
"Hey. What'd we say about this then?" Anne gently taps the hand of the thumb Elizabeth was sucking and kisses the top of her head. Elizabeth takes her thumb out and looks up at her with big sad eyes.
"No wanna be big girl mama. Wanna be baby like Mae" she says, starting to cry. Instinctively Anne scoops her up and starts walking around the house bouncing Elizabeth on her hip.
"You'll always be my baby Lizzie. No matter how big you get" she walks outside and passes Anna and Kitty who were deep in conversation and sits down beside the tree with Elizabeth on her lap.
"You've been feeling left out huh bubba?" She whispers and Elizabeth nods. She'd been dreading that.
"How about we have a mama and Lizzie day every month?" She whispers and Elizabeth nods, burrowing closer to her.
"You know what? You can come to rehearsals tomorrow while Mary is at school and Mae and Edward at crèche. You can sit and watch us. Is that fun?" She says and Elizabeth nods excitedly.
"We can bring colouring stuff and toys for you and we can ask the girls to watch you" so it was settled. Anne would make sure Elizabeth knew her mama loved her. No matter what it took.

Okay yall I want you to give me 4 of the west end alts to put in because why not. Both past and present.