Tears

Anne puts Elizabeth down for a minute so she can get stuff ready for her bath. Immediately Elizabeth clings to her leg crying.
"Lizzie...bubba I'm not gonna leave you. I just need a few minutes to get your bath ready" she says, gently prising her off and sitting her on the floor. She puts some bubble bath in and turns to Elizabeth.
"Stay right there okay?" She steps out and gets Elizabeth's favourite towel. It was a fluffy green poncho style one that looked like a dinosaur when she had the hood up along with a matching dressing gown, onesie and a pair of pink boots. She walks back in to see Elizabeth still sat where she'd been left and smiles, picking her up and kissing her cheek.
"Well done bubba!" She says and Elizabeth giggles, her eyes bright with happiness. Elizabeth insisted on wearing the onesie to go to the theatre. So Anne let her. She gets her ready and pops her into the bath.
"Mama! Look!" Anne laughs as Elizabeth makes a beard of bubbles and pokes her nose.
"Well well. where'd my bubba go then? I guess I'll have to eat all the cookies by myself!" Elizabeth gasps and swipes the beard off.
"Me here mama!"
"There's my bubba! I was just wondering where you went" Anne washes her hair and then lifts her up wrapped in a towel, drying and dressing her quick so she wouldn't be cold. She giggles and jumps around as Anne attempts to do her hair.
"Bubba sit still. Mama can't do your hair if you're jumping around" Anne says, finally managing to get her to stay still long enough to plait her hair and kiss the top of her head. She carries Elizabeth downstairs and raises an amused eyebrow when she pulls on the boots the wrong way.
"Uh oh. Let's try that again" she says and Elizabeth pulls them off, putting them on right when she tries again.
"Like this mama?"
"Just like that bubba. Well done!" Elizabeth giggles and runs to go tell the others that she put her shoes on all by herself and trips, falling over and landing on her arm, immediately starting to cry. Anne runs over and picks her up, examining her arm. Elizabeth screams and cries harder.
"Oh no. I think it's broken" Cathy says and Anne nods.
"Yeah. Can you come to the hospital with me babe? We can ask Courtney and Danielle to fill in"
"Courtney's in Portugal!" Anna yells, helping Kitty, Mary and Joan build a pillow fort.
"Other Courtney!"
"Date with Eloise!" Joan yells, stuck under a now collapsed pillow fort.
"Okay then CJ!"
"On it!" Kitty yells, grabbing her phone while Anna laughs at Joan who was trying to get out. Anne smiles but then turns her attention to Elizabeth.
"Shhh. It's okay. Mamas here. Mamas here" she coos as she carries her to the car and sits with her the whole way there.

Time skip

"Well it's broken. We're going to need to put it in a cast" the doctor says and Anne nods.
"We have blue, pink, green, red, white or yellow" Anne smiles and looks at Elizabeth, knowing exactly what colour she wanted.
"Green please" she says as Elizabeth attempts to burrow into her side.
"Just a little longer bubba. It's okay. Once we're done here we can get McDonald's okay?" She says and Elizabeth nods, staying curled into her side even as she gets her arm put in a cast. And as she's carried out to the car.
"Mama?"
"Okay bubba. I'll stay in the back with you" Anne gets her into her car seat and then sits into the seat beside her, holding her good hand. She had no idea how she was going to tell Elizabeth that she had to go away for a few weeks to help promote new productions of the show and help with some marketing stuff. They get to McDonald's and head inside to eat, Anne helping Elizabeth a bit because of her arm.

Time skip

More tears.
"Mama no go! Mama!" Anne walks around the room bouncing Elizabeth on her hip. She'd just broken the news and it wasn't being taken very well.
"It's only a few weeks. And I'll call mommy every night so you can talk to me and tell me all about your day"
"No"
"Lizzie. Bubba it won't be for long. Can you be a big brave girl for me?"
"No wanna be big. Or brave. Wanna be baba and mama stay and no go bye bye"
"You'll always be my baba. Even when you're all grown up like me" Anne coos, gently shifting Elizabeth so they were face to face.
"I'll be back before you know it okay bubba? I won't be long"
"B..but never came back before" oh. Oh that's what was wrong.
"Oh bubba it's not gonna be like that. I promise. I love you bubba"
"I love you too mama" Anne hugs her tight and rubs her back.
"Wanna stay with me and mommy tonight?" Elizabeth nods and clings to her.
"Okay bubba. You can stay with us" Anne gets her boots off and sits cross legged on the bed with Elizabeth on her lap, gently brushing her hair after taking it out of the plaits she'd put it in and then doing them back up.
"There we go. Let's go say goodnight to everyone and get comfy then" she carries Elizabeth to the bathroom to brush her teeth and then downstairs where she says goodnight to everyone before Anne brings her back to her and Cathy's room and grabs Bo on the way. She lays down with Elizabeth cuddled right up beside her and Cathy joins them, laying on Elizabeth's other side so she didn't roll over and fall out of the bed.
"Goodnight Lizzie. My beautiful little baby girl" she whispers, kissing Elizabeth's forehead as she falls asleep sucking her thumb.