20. Christmas

Draco's POV:

As soon as Voldemort disapparated away and other Death Eaters began to leave too, my mother stood up from her chair and signalled for me to follow her. I quickly stood up from my chair and followed her over to Jenna and Mary.

"Oh, my dears!" said my mother once we reached them, wrapping them both in a tight hug. "Are you alright?" she asked, worry filled her voice.

"We're okay as we can be right now", replied Mary, then turned to face me. "Draco, you've gotten so tall and handsome! How are you?"

I was confused as to why she was being so positive right now, considering she literally just became a Death Eater, but I answered her anyway, "Um- I'm alright thanks."

"Lovely", she said. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you by any chance heard from Delilah recently? I realise you two were never really that close but I thought I'd ask anyway."

"Uh, yeah. About that-", I began, but my mother interrupted me.

"Oh course he has, don't be silly! After all they do have a child together", she said. I forgot I didn't tell her that Delilah's parents still think that Grayson was the father.

"What?" Jenna and Mary said in unison, both with a confused look on their faces.

"What do you mean?" asked Jenna.

"Oh dear!" my mother said, looking a little worried. "Did Delilah not tell you she was pregnant?"

"No, no, she did. But she told us that Grayson was the father", Mary said.

All three of them turned to me, as I was standing there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Draco," my mother asked, "can you tell us what's going on?"

I gulped before answering. "I- I don't think it's my place to say, do you want me to take you to her?" This was the best thing I could think of replying in the moment and I thought it was probably a good idea for Lilah to tell them just in case I say the wrong thing.

"She's here?" Mary asked, looking around for her daughter amongst the Death Eaters. Luckily no one was close enough to hear our conversation though because God knows what would happen if they found out I had a child.

"Um- yeah, she's upstairs", I started to walk away, hoping they'd follow, and luckily they did. I lead them upstairs and to my room where Lilah was.

Delilah's POV:

I heard the door open and saw Draco walking in. "Draco!" I said, "How was the meet-", but I immediately paused when I saw who he was with.

"Mom!" I exclaimed as I ran up to them and wrapped them in my arms as Draco closed the door to make sure nobody saw or heard I was in here. "I've missed you guys so much! What are you doing here anyway?"

"Uh, we were found and now the Dark Lord has made us... Death Eaters", as soon as she said this my face dropped.

"It's okay though, we're safe! Don't worry", said Mary quickly once she saw my sudden change of expression.

"Are you sure?" I asked, wanting to make sure they were okay.

"I think so, I mean, we're as safe as we can be in this situation", Mary said. "But anyway, enough about us, we want the hear the truth."

"The... truth?" I repeated. What were they going on about?

"Well, Narcissa let it slip that Grayson isn't actually the real father", she then looked over towards Draco and then back at me. "So, would you care to explain?"