39. Alive

Delilah's POV:

I suddenly felt pain again.

But not an eternal suffering kind of pain, an alive kind of pain, which meant I had done it.

I had chosen the right door.

However, what Ash didn't tell me was that if I did choose the right door and came back alive, I would have no recollection at all of what happened at that King's Cross Station as it would be wiped from my memory.

My body was so weak but I managed to open my hands and tilt my head slightly to the side.

When I looked over, I could just about see the silhouette of a familiar looking blonde haired Slytherin.

He was sitting in a chair beside my hospital bed, his elbows were on his knees and his head was in his hands. His hands had cuts all over them and there was dried blood on his knuckles, and it made me wonder what happened.

My movement and heartbeat caused a few of the machines in the room to start beating again, and this noise made Draco immediately look up from his chair.

As he looked up I caught a glimpse of his beautiful, beautiful face. His eyes were red, puffy and wet with tears, and his cheeks were tear stained.

"L-Lilah?" he asked, his voice shaking.

I didn't have enough energy to talk so I just blinked in reply, hoping that was enough.

"Lilah!" he said again as he stood up from his chair and rushed to my side. I could tell when he first saw me, he thought he was hallucinating, but now he realised he wasn't.

A doctor came rushing into the room at the sound of the beeping machines and his eyes widened when he saw my alive body. He called down the hall for other doctors and eventually more came rushing in.

"Oh my gosh Lilah, I thought I lost you", Draco cried, fresh tears of happiness and relief now rolling down his cheeks.

I faintly smiled up at him before I slowly moved my head to scan my eyes around the room, looking for any sign of my son.

Draco could tell what I was looking for so said, "He's okay, the doctors said he's perfectly healthy, just a little small so they're looking after him."

Right after he said that he was ushered out of the room whilst the doctors did whatever they had to do. I was still so weak so I didn't really take notice to what they were doing but I was still awake most of the time, going in and out of consciousness.

I wasn't aware of how much time passed when the doctors finally left the room, leaving me to rest.

The door opened a few seconds later and in walked Draco with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face.

"Hello my love", he said as he came and sat down next to me, and held onto my hand immediately.

"Hi", I whispered weakly, as my voice was still not very strong yet, and a gave him a faint smile, which was the best I could do.

"I love you so much", he said, and I could see tears starting to fill his eyes again.

I could hardly speak so I gave him a slight nod to show him I loved him too. I then tilted my head to the side, as if to ask him what happened and luckily he understood the message.

"Well, they haven't actually found out what really happened yet, all they know is that something went wrong and caused your body to fail on you. Thankfully though, before your heart... stopped," he hesitated, "they were able to perform an emergency c-section on you to save the baby. Because he is six weeks early, he is very weak, but luckily he's perfectly healthy and he'll just need to stay in the hospital for a few weeks until we will be able to look after him without the help of the doctors."