23. Found

Delilah's POV:

The door to Draco and I's room swung open, making me jump. Draco came rushing in, panic written all over his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked when he shut the door.

"I don't- I mean, it- I couldn't- She was-" he stuttered out, not being able to form a full sentence.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay", I reassured him as I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'm here, don't panic."

I could feel him trembling and it took me a second to realise that he was crying, his forehead resting against my shoulder.

I led us over to the bed so we could be a bit more comfortable and just let him cry, because I knew he'd been holding it in for so long and he just needed to get it out of his system.

After a couple of minutes, he lifted his head up off my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry", he whispered as I wiped away his tears from his cheeks.

"Don't be, there's no need. I understand if you don't want to talk about about it", I said, upset that he was apologising for crying.

"No, it's just-", but before he could finish he cried out in pain, clutching his left forearm.

"Shit", he murmured after the pain died down a bit. "I have to go, he's calling a meeting", he said, referring to the Dark Lord.

"It's okay, you'll be fine. I'm sure it's nothing", I said, not wanting to worry him.

"No, you don't understand. I can't tell you now, but I'll tell you as soon as I get back", he told me. "I'll be back as soon as I can", he said as he wiped away the last of his tears that were still left on his cheek.

"Okay, we'll be here", I said as I gestured over towards Indie. "Love you."

"I love you so much", he said as he kissed me as if it was our last. "Much more than you could imagine".

And with that, he left, not wanting to be late for the Dark Lord.

Draco's POV:

Here I was, walking down these gloomy corridors for the second time this night, but this time I was on my way to the Dark Lord who, I presume, is not happy at all considering we just ruined his chance at getting hold of Harry Potter.

I arrived into the meeting room to see that he was not there yet, so I took my usual seat next to my mother, who had an equally nervous look on her face.

"How's Delilah?" she asked once I sat down, loud enough for me to hear but quiet so that no one around us could hear what she said.

"She's alright I think, I haven't told her what happened yet though as I didn't have enough time", I whispered back.

"And Indie?" she asked.

"Yeah, she's fine. She was having a nap when I went in so I assume they didn't hear Granger's screams", I gulped at the memory.

But, before she could say anything else, Voldemort apparated into the room, looking surprisingly calm.

"So, it appears that you have all once again failed to retrieve me Harry Potter", he said as he took his seat at the end of the table. "Lucius, would you like to do the honours of telling me what happened."

"Yes, my Lord. Harry Potter and his friends were brought here, and I assume he got hit by a hex as half his face was swollen, my Lord, meaning Draco was unable to identify him", he said, making me gulp. "When his face returned to normal and we saw that it was indeed Harry Potter, we were just about to call you to let you know, My Lord. However, one of our old house elves unscrewed the chandelier, dropping it to the floor, and apparated them away to an, as of right now, unknown destination my Lord."