CHAPTER 11

"As a venerated influencer of this industry, I could see the diverse idea from your designs. I have seen different tastes of perfections from different products, but yours flared up from the rest. How did you come up with such different and innovative designs that you have owned distinctive characteristics from your product?" My heart fluttered and sank to Maya's remark.

"Before I have become a producer, I, too, was and will always be a consumer. Just like you, I have tasted different sets of perfections in different shelters of warmth. I have tasted both comfort and trouble. But I realized that in tasting both, we need to look presentable too in the eyes of people. This is not just for pretences but also for both comfort and acceptance in society. So, I have to think something that innovates elegance as well as glamour with the amalgamation of primitivity and modernity as fashion is just a cycle of trends that never dies but cool down waiting for its turn for reemergence."

Malawak na ngumiti si Maya saka tumayo at nakipagkamay sa akin.

"Thank you so much for allowing us to own this exclusive interview, Miss Duress. I never doubted myself that time will get us here."

"The pleasure is always mine, Miss Maya. Thank you for choosing us."

"Not a moment."

Sabay kaming lumabas at hinatid siya paalis. I waved my hands as they departed.

Another car stopped in the facade.

"DV!"

My mood lit up seeing Rana alighted from the car. I immediately went to hug and kiss her.

"Aw, Rana! I'm sorry if I wasn't with them. I had an interview to attend to."

She took off her shades and smiled at me.

"It's fine. I understand."

"What a glow up you have it there! We met just last two years and you glow differently from the last time." This woman was like wine. She got better and luxurious as she aged.

"Do you know what kind of glow-up that I liked? Your office! This was just the sole floor before. And now... Oh, gosh!" Her eyes glared in awe.

Last two years, five of us met here for my office inauguration. Huli na rin iyon na pagkikita namin at hindi na nasundan. We had planned to meet but schedules always got in the way. Naging busy si Hari and Jarrah. Dolce had fully dedicated herself to the ranch and Rana caged herself in Paris.

"Will the girls come?"

"They had their words given."

Pinagpahinga lang siya saglit at dumating na ang Ace Team with Mariô Gerardo and the rest of the models for the photoshoot. I sent Miss Venice to join them to represent me since I couldn't come. Marami akong kailangan gawin para sa fashion show mamaya.

I was drowned with the works left for me today. Masyado akong focused na hindi man lang namamalayan ang oras until my secretary came.

"Miss Duress." I looked at her.

"Yes? Are you done with the photo shoot for today?"

"The models are now in their hotel rooms. They'd be called when it's time to prepare for tonight."

"I'm sorry that I have to trouble you with this. I just can't ditch the pile-up works I have here." I'd be busy this whole week for the fashion show so I couldn't be really sitting here with that period.

"Not at all, Miss Duress. It's my job to lessen your works and make your time convenient."

My previous boss really knew how to read characters. Ms. Venice was such an asset to my business.