CHAPTER 13

"We need to contract more suppliers for the upcoming Haute couture that we'd be displaying in DVY House."

I kept on glancing at my wristwatch. Inip na inip na ako rito sa meeting. Gusto ko na umuwi. I didn't know but I was always excited to go home. From the moment Xantheus had moved into my condo. Maybe because I knew that he was waiting for me and the victuals. Xantheus was good in all but sucks in cooking.

"Miss Duress?" I batted my eyes when my secretary called me waiting for my answer to her unheard query.

"Come again?" She looked at her clipboard.

"I was reminding when are you gonna meet the public relations team about the final review of the third issuance of the press release for last week's fashion show?" Oh, stupid! How could I forget about it?

"Uh, tell them I'll meet with them early tomorrow. However, you can send me the soft draft tonight for me to have an idea about what to edit tomorrow."

"Copy that, Miss." She nodded her head slightly. "And, by the way, you are still not responding to the invitation of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry France International membership. The FCCI Madrid is still expecting a response, Miss."

I smiled. "Do not worry about it anymore, Miss Venice. I have given them my response already through a personal call."

After the fashion show ended last week, this Monday, I got an invitation for membership in FCCIA representative. It was quite a privilege for me to receive such an invitation. They uphold organizations in their global turn of events. They offer a wide scope of administrations, adjusted to each progression of the organization's task. FCCIAs enliven the French business network abroad with more than 4,300 occasions every year: meetings, courses, workshops, training, displays, boards of trustees.

The 120 FCCIAs were overseen by over 1,100 perpetual representatives, most of them were with two distinct cultures. Almost 35,000 companies were members of their global organization, these include the highly established companies and Haute Couture Designers that were registered and recognized officially such as Chanel, Dior, Maurizio Galante, and other renowned designers, making it the leading network of organizations in France.

Nang natapos ang meeting ay nagkaniya-kaniya na kami ng alis. Malapit lang sa restaurant na pinag-meetingan namin ang condo building kung saan ako nakatira kaya naman ay mabilis akong nakarating.

Wearing his gray shirt and soft shorts, I saw him facing on his laptop while busy typing and singing an unfamiliar song. Nakakunot ang noo niya nang nakita ko sa reflection ng salamin na kaharap ng sofa na kinauupuan niya. He was quite focused that he hadn't noticed me walking to him.

I stole a kiss on his cheek when I got nearer.

"You were busy, huh?" He kissed my cheek too and continued typing.

"I was finishing this up. Our manager is hurrying us like a pussy," he sounded like he's ranting to me than telling me what he was doing. "You didn't call me to fetch you up."

"I was outside for a meeting. Just near here kaya hindi na ako nagpasundo. Kanina ka pa d'yan mula umaga?"

"Nah."

"Gutom ka na?"

"I kinda burned some calories with my coffee."

"Alright. Just gotta change." Naglakad ako papuntang kwarto ngunit sumilip din pabalik. "What do you want me to cook?"

"Anything edible, love."

Nang nakapagbihis ako ng pambahay ay pumasok na ako sa kusina upang magluto. I smiled when I saw a mug of coffee ready on the countertop.