CHAPTER 2

Umiling ako at binalik sa palad niya ang card. Staring straight at his face, I declined him, "I'm sorry, but I can't take that." Tumayo ako at lumayo sa kaniya for emphasis.

"We're married in just a stupid piece of paper, Mister Redwood! Bakit ganoon kadali sa'yong ibigay ang pangalan mo sakin? To think that we don't know each other! I was sure! Hindi kita kilala aside from the fact that you're a member of the famous band!"

The band that I didn't know it existed five years ago. More so he's part of it. Nalaman ko nalang noong unang beses na dinala ako ni Hari sa isang concert nila sa Barcelona.

A Europe tour.

And I admit, he'd gotten a good sonorous voice. One of a kind singer and a versatile instrumentalist. It might be him, with drum sticks on his fingers, or a guitar kissing on his chest, even a piano played by his prowess fingers, either a violin waiting for his cuddles. Not to mention a microphone. It would make thousands of women swoon just by seeing him holding a glass of whiskey in the stage. He had talented fingers I dare to say.

Getting enough of hearing him singing in just a few hours of the night could be impossible to feel. The reason why after that night, I lowkey stalked the schedule of the band's next concert coming somewhere in Europe.

"That's why I am here already. I want you to get to know me more." Hearing his intended soft melodious voice. I batted my eyes countless times. "You don't know how badly I wanna be a good husband to you, Duv. I've been holding the rein for five years just so I could see you fly." The longing in his eyes told me how badly he'd been through for the last five years.

"Why would you..?" I asked in a fog. "Have you perhaps known me long before I have seen you for the first time in the yacht?"

Thinking of it, I fidgeted. Did he intend for me? Planado niya ba? I hope not. No matter how good-looking a man was, it would surely creep me out thinking his possible intention.

"You have no idea," tila frustrated niyang sinabi sakin na mas lalo kong ikinatakot. "I've first seen you in Hari's IG posts, a lot of times. And you being with my sister comes next that I lost count."

Sister?

Who?

I stared at him thinking where else had I seen his face or someone that looked like him, particularly his eyes. Having only a few friends wouldn't be hard for me to relate him with them. If talking about close friends whom I got along with, there were only Rana, Hari, Dolce, and Jarrah.

Rana's my fiance's cousin. Hari was out of the list because they're friends. There's only Dolce and Jarrah left.

Xantheus. Who are you, really?

I was sure the fear and anxiety crossed my eyes it wouldn't spare him that. Should I start feeling neurotic now? The possibility of him being my stalker had given me some chills crept my spines I could feel the colds down at my soles.

Him, trying to approach me just made me wanna evade him more.

"Please...just get out of my house." I swear, I saw pain struck in his eyes but I less cared about him 'cause I felt not secured of him being around. "Please...you creep the hell out of me," pagmamakaawa ko.

His jaw tightened and the muscles in it pulsated. Mr. Redwood's eyes softened but disappointments ferried in. Bagsak ang parehong balikat niya na kinuha ang mga gamit niya saka walang sabing lumabas sa apartment ko. Something in my neck that strangled me from breathing loosened down the moment he left.

Nanghina akong umupo sa sofa. Who wouldn't? We got married five years ago without my knowledge about it. About him. But the marriage was legit. I am Mrs. Redwood. Kung paano, it riddled me, too. Siya lang ang may alam.