CHAPTER 9

I kept on sighing to condition myself while glancing in the mirror every then and now. Wearing my personally made white bodycon dress with a color block pattern on the right side of my chest and zipper up on my back. The pencil hem had a placket slit on the back part and a high waistline. Wide and shallow edged V-neck tube enough to make a slight cleavage. It's a plain and simple dress that reached just exactly above my knees giving me such elegance.

I matched it with my one-inch black open toes pair of a stiletto. Thin strapped in a crisscross style which made my legs look longer. I let my hair down; sleek and straight. Opposite to the way it was—curly soft spiral.

My jewelry was the silver Chanel wristwatch and nothing else. I held my clutch bag with the same color as my stiletto and walked out of my room. I heard my phone on the table clanked. It was Xantheus. One missed call and two text messages at different time intervals. The first message was almost an hour ago asking if I was done fixing. And the last message was just now.

Hoe:

I'm here.

Bumaba na ako pagkabasa at naabutan siyang nakasandal sa hood ng sasakyan habang nilalaro ang sapatos; tila nababagot. He was wearing an ash coat with a white dress shirt underneath leaving the first few buttons undone. Jeans were relaxed and dark in color pairing with his low cut suede and brown shoes.

He messed with his messy blowout that fitted his angled jaws while kept on checking with his phone.

Tumikhim ako. "Kanina ka pa?"

He stared at me in the eyes. "Yup." He didn't bother to tell a lie. His dark eyes stood boredom. Pailalim niya akong pinasadahan ng tingin, checking up on my attire. "Wow. You looked...hotter and sexier. Supermodels would surely pale," he uttered proudly with a flaunting grin.

I rolled my eyes right in front of him. "Such a flowery tongue, Mister Redwood." Pumasok na ako sa loob ng kotse pagkatapos niyang pagbuksan. Pumasok din siya agad sa loob pagkaikot.

He parked the car after we arrived at the venue. When I was about to alight, Xantheus stopped me.

Cluelessly, I looked back on him. "Hmm?"

Wala siyang sinabi ngunit may kinuha siya mula sa ilalim ng coat na suot. A black cajita made of varnished wood. He handed it to me which I cluelessly accepted.

"You looked surely more bewitching wearing it."

"Ano 'to?" I asked rhetorically and opened the rectangle box just to gasp in astonishment seeing a real four-leaf clover encapsulated inside the resin. It's a round and diamond-studded resin pendant in white gold thin snake chains necklace. The diamonds were tiny enough that it wouldn't look noticeable if you wouldn't look closely at the pendant.

"Did you like it?" My heart sank and drowned out of ineffable feeling.

"Is this clover real?"

"Yup. I found it myself when we visited Ireland so I decided to make it as jewelry. Irish people believed that a four-leaf clover is lucky. Each leaves symbolized good omens for faith, hope, love, and luck. It's Celtic charms."

"And why are you giving me this?" He gave me a shrug.

"Who knows what fate awaits on you inside?"

I smiled. "Thank you," I uttered sincerely.

"Come, let me put it on." Binigay ko iyon sa kaniya saka tumalikod at hinawi ang aking buhok. I groped on the pendant and smiled.

"Bagay ba?" tanong ko pagkaharap.

"I told you. Everything looks different on you. I fell even harder." It felt like my heart was boiling and his words caused it to spill which gave warmth to my chest. Something I couldn't name but he's the only one who could fill that feeling in my heart.