13

Gia

"I just don't understand G." Gionni said through the phone.

"What is there to not understand Gio?" I asked in a monotone. I knew this muthafucka was dumb but not this fucking dumb.

"We're good, we got money so why not have a baby?" He fussed.

"So you want her to put her whole life on hold to do what you wanna do? So what happens when you decide you wanna leave? Then she ain't got shit to fall back on because she put her whole life on hold to have your baby?"

"Don't say it like that." He said lowly.

"Say it like what Gionni? How it is?" I asked.

"Man..." He started then trailed off. "That does sound kinda selfish." He finished.

"Kinda?" I questioned making him sigh.

"How mad is she?" He asked, referring to Amelia.

"Livid." I answered.

"Fuckkk." He dragged out. "How the hell am I gonna fix this?"

"Ion know man, this is for you to figure." I said as the line goes silent.

I was at the home right now working on homework and partially tryna talk some sense into Gio. College is kicking my ass right now. Psychology is no joke but it's really helpful. Other than school and working at the restaurant I work part time at a children's therapy center. I'm a assistant/mentee to one of the head therapist. But damn these poor little babies be hurting. It's so sad but I love working there and building bonds with the kids.

"Ight man." Gio said after a few minutes of pure silence. "Ima try to figure something out."

"Okay sir."

"Ight I'll talk to you lata sis, love you."

"Love you too." I said then hung up.

I'm so grateful to have such strong bonds with my siblings. You know how some people hate they siblings at one point in life? Yeah not us. I'm close to every single one of them except for the oldest, Khalil jr. I don't know why we just never... clicked.

My mom and my dad both had kids that aren't biologically their partners own. My dad came into the marriage with Khalil and my mom with me and Gio. Then they had two more after, Kelly, my 17 year old brother and Kre, my 15 year old sister.

My dad adopted me and Gio a few years after our father died. Besides me and Gio, the rest of our family's name starts with K. My dad's name is Khalil and my mom, Kolleen.

I hope that my weird family tree all made sense.

As I'm gathering my books to put them away an incoming FaceTime call came up on my Mac book from my brother, Kelly. Out of all my siblings the last two are my favorite, especially Kelly.

"Yooo." I called out after I answered the car.

"We going to Cali!" He yelled while jumping around.

"Why y'all going to Cali?" I questioned.

"For thanksgiving!" I heard my sister yell from the background somewhere.

"Shut up." Kelly said then sucked his teeth. Now these two hated each other for some odd reason.

"Bitch you shut up." She retorted back.

"Ight y'all calm down." I said while laughing. "Why y'all going to Cali?" I asked.

"Because we doing thanksgiving at Khalil's house." Kelly said.

"Oh that's cool." I said nodding slowly.