2

Gia

The vibrations from my phone started getting louder and louder and soon I was up. I grabbed the phone from my nightstand to check who it was. My room was nearly pitch black so the bright light from the phone almost blinded my ass. Seeing as it was Amelia I answered, not wanting to, but still did.

"Hello?" I said. My voice raspy as ever due to just waking up.

"Hey boo did I wake you?" She asked.

"Yes but it's ok. Wassup?" I asked rolling on to my back and stretching. You know those type of stretches where it just shakes the shit out of you and you can't help but to yell? It was one of those ones.

"Well we just got some food and I got you sumn." She said in a sing song voice. I know what she's trying to do. Her ass tryna get me to come over. Nope. Not happening.

"Mhmmm what did you get me?"

"Umm just some spicy lemon pepper wings with fries." Welp on second thought maybe it is happening.

"See ya in ten." I said

"Okay girl hurry." She replied then hung up.

I got up out of bed, fixing the part that I had messed up and walked lazily to bathroom. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my face with some cold water hoping to wake up fully. After drying my face off I grabs my house and car keys and my charger. It might just be "come get some food" for now but it will turn into "just spend the night." This is why I still have on my bonnet and sleeping mask.

I threw on my black hoodie over my Greg cami and black spandex shorts, slid on my Nike slides and made my way out the house and across the street to Meli's house. I unlock the door and made my way in, not before locking up behind me.

"Where is my food?" I questioned as I walked into the kitchen. To my surprise sitting at the island were 'friends from ASU' and Jordan of course. "Hey friends from ASU I didn't know y'all were still here."

"It's only 8:30 G." Meli said as she handed me my food.

"Okay? You can tell time, congrats." I said making her push me. While others would think I'm just showing out in front of guest my true friends know I'm just reckless at the mouth.

"Get yo ungrateful ass out my house." She said pointing towards the door.

"Shit at least let me eat first." I said then hugged her. "Thanks for the food lovey."

"Mhm you're welcome." She said while patting my back.

Y'all are probably confused on why my cousin and my best friend live together.

Well you see when I moved to the US from Jamaica I stayed in Texas with my father's family right up until sophomore of high school. I then moved to New York where my mom was because I got myself in some trouble in Texas. During the summer Amelia would come to NY and spend the summer with my family. Me, her, and cece, and Cece's best friend became a foursome.

Me and Cece's best friend, Nia (y'all might know this someone😁) we're older so the two younger ones clicked as did the both of us. Cece and Meli decided instead of staying on compass this year, they'd rent a house together.

This was way before I decided to stay down here to help my dad with his restaurant. As for Nia she's attending her Junior year at UCLA while I'm attending Duke. All me and my girls are doing better than ever.

"So you been getting ready for your man huh?" I teased Amelia.

"You know what? Lemme alone." She said then walked over to the couch.