6

Gia

Yalllll oh my fucking goodness. My parents are in town. Yes I said parents so you know what that means, my big headed father is here. And this dude is working my last nerv-

"Giana why are you in here?" My dad asked barging into my office. See what I mean like knock dude what if I had a guy in here.

"Checking how much we made this week." I said still typing away on my computer.

"I had someone do that already, come out here and interact with the customers." He said pointing towards downstairs of the restaurant.

"Daddy the person who check this wasn't doing their math right. We had more business today alone than we had all last week." I said.

"So you're telling me I don't know how to do my job. I've been doing this before you and Gio-" He started but I quickly cutting him off.

"Daddy I said the person you had checked it, not you. The first thing I do when I step in this restaurant is check on every table. You taught me that." I said looking at him.

"When mi ask yuh fi do sumn yuh do it." He said speaking in patois.

"Daddy mek mi mek yuh undastand sumn, I am not some little kid I'm about to be 21 years old. Out of allll your kids you know none of them can handle this like I can so please ease up on me." I said looking him dead in the eyes.

He looked at me for a while then walked out and closed the door. Damn that was nerve racking. I thought I was about to get my ass fired. Y'all better give me some credit I finally stood up to my dad and he didn't kill me.

My dad is normally a chill guy, but when it comes to school and work he a whole trip.

I was finally done with everything and I was about to go downstairs and join everyone for dinner. By everyone I mean Cece, Meli, and their friends. Me and them are really starting to get close. Jamari, Kevin, that was the other brown skin one, Molly, my baby, and worst for last, Kaila. For some reason sis hates me. I couldn't tell ya why.

Of course Jordan is here too. I haven't seen him since he left my house a few days ago. No text, no call, no nothing. I knew he was mad at me but shit I'm mad too.

I clean my desk up, closed my computer and head downstairs. I walked over to my group of friends and their friends. There they were all seated. Jamari, Molly, Kevin, Jordan, and Kaila on one side. And on the other side was Amelia, Cecelia, and Nia. Ugh I missed her.

I walked over to them and Nia turned her head in my direction with a big smile on her face.

"Ahhh Gigi!" She yelled out and got up and hugged me.

"Ni! I missed you so much babe." I said hugging her back, rocking us side to side.

"Girl we have sooo much to catch up on." She said then sat, pulling me to sit down next to her, right in front of Jordan may I add.

"I know." I said smiling at her then looked at everyone else. "Hey y'all." I said almost getting an answer from everybody, except for Jordan... and Kaila. What this ho's problem.

"So how's Cali?" I said sparking up a conversation with Nia.

"Girl it is amazing, I love it so much." She said smiling widely.

"You look so happy boo." I said smiling also. Her good energy was just radiating.

The waiter came over and took everyone's order for entrees, I sadly missed appetizers but it's cool. I ordered some spicy shrimp Alfredo cause it was my favorite.