Chapter 18 A Plan

I clung to him like it was the end of the world. Soon I calmed down once more and I slowly let go of my brother and I meet up with his calm and patient eyes.

"Thanks, Roman are we umm... cool now?"

"Heh somewhat." He responded with a smirk.

Logan left to his room before returning with a book in his hands.

"Logan? What's that book for?" The moral trait asked.

"Well, Patton this book is filled with stories about the unknown, and Roman I'll need you to get Virgil's journal for me," Logan stated.

"Wait! He has a journal!?!" Roman said shocked.

"Affirmative and it has a lock on it so I wouldn't recommend trying to read it."

"Where is it?"

He sighed before speaking once more.

"It should be on his bed and under his pillow if it isn't there let me know."

"Can I join this parade?"

After I said that Roman practically dragged me upstairs towards Virgil's room. He opened the door and walked in and so did I.

"Don't touch anything got it?" Roman said glancing in my direction.

"Alright, alright fine I won't touch anything," I said putting my hands in the air in defense.

"You better not."

"I won't geez," I said crossing my arms.

He started to put his hand under the first pillow than the other. He found a violet journal with a spiral pattern on the corners. Roman being Roman tried to look inside of it and failed. He wished he had a boy pin or a key to open it but he didn't.

"Did you not hear Logan dumbo?" I said snatching the book from him. "It has a lock on it now come on," I said walking out of the darkly lit room.

"Hey!"

He chased me to the edge of the stairs.

"Give it back!"

"Nah...here nerdy wolverine,"  I said tossing it downstairs.

He didn't catch it but it landed on the table instead. He groaned in annoyance before getting something from his back pocket. I raced Roman down the stairs and ended up shoving him on the couch. There I saw a blue key in Logan's hand as he unlocked the journal for himself and flipped through the pages scanning a couple of them.

"Logan? Why are you searching his diary for?" Patton asked innocently.

"I'm just observing how depression got better or worse for him. So far his detail is vague and without reason...Oh! Here's one from a month ago." He said reading it as if to look for something in it.

I snuck behind him and glanced at the page.

(Tw: talks about self-harm and suicide if you are sensitive wait till the entry is over.)

' Entry 16...

It's been another day sitting alone in my ice-cold barrier that I refuse to break. I can't do it again. I can't.

Heh if only it was that easy...

Obviously, Depression wants me dead. I can't keep them hidden forever. I can't just go up to them and say 'Hey guys! Here's my cuts and Depression won't stop encouraging me and soon I want to commit suicide because I can't control myself or him either! Haha!'  No. That would be the dumbest and craziest thing I'd ever do. I could already see their faces. All of them blurred and drained of any emotion. Most of all disappointed in myself. I can tell Roman is planning something. I saw him earlier talking to Logan. About what? I have no idea what though. Soon I'll find out. Soon...until then see you later~💜'

.

.

.

.

I was distraught when I saw it. I just noticed that Patton and Roman were by the journal as well with the same petrified face as me.

"He just- ugh! This is all my fault! Why couldn't I have been there of him!" He said dropping to his knees as tears threatened to come down as he started clutching tightly onto his sash.

"Logan, is this the truth?" Patton asked.

"I'm sorry to say but yes this is true but I never knew Depression was a part of it."

We comforted the Creative and Moral side. If I was going to cry I'd cry later. After some more pages were flipped he took out some sort of jewel.

"Hey, dork what's that you got there?"

"As though you tried to insult me again I'll let it slide. This is a jewel that he got that tracks him. He may not have the jewel in hand but it's like a metal detector but for sides. I bet with this we can save them. We must go when Thomas is asleep so we wouldn't disturb him does that sound alright?"

"Hell yeah! Let's go!" I said already summoning my mourning star.

"Remus not now!" Roman and Logan shouted.

"We need a revised plan and not just go in there and-" Logan began.

He was suddenly interrupted by Patton.

"Guys! Let's go see if Thomas is asleep!"

"Patton we need a plan first."

"Logan the more we wait the more trouble Virgil could be in!" He shouted at his boyfriend.

"Fine if you guys insist we'll discuss plans on our way there then," Logan said in annoyance.

We soon sank into reality to see Thomas fast asleep. I wanted to disrupt his dreams again but I managed to control myself this time...

_Virgil's POV_

(Tw: a bit of torture ehehe)

I couldn't move.

I couldn't see anything.

I started to panic.

I tried to figure out what happened before this. I tried to move my hands but they felt bound to something. I heard a snicker from someone unknown so my body tensed as I heard them enter the room.

"Ah! Finally, you're awake Virgil."

He sounded like none other than Depression.

"Depression!! Why am I here? Let me go!" I yelled.

He tsked me before snapping his fingers removing whatever that blocked my vision go away. It looked like I was tied to a chair. Welp, I'm dead...

"Heh, I thought I've already told you. Well since you're clearly unintelligent let me explain. Again." He said clearly annoyed.

He came up to me and grabbed my check harshly causing me to yelp.

"The fucking reason that you're here is that I'm here to worsen you and your dark sider friends as well! Understand?" He said forcing me to look up at him.

"What about Remus?" I mumbled.

"What about that Roman wannabe? He's useless without his lying boy toy. Don't give that look. You know I'm right."

I looked down at the floor disappointed in myself for letting Depression get this far. I should've asked for help while I still could. Now it's too late for me.

"Awe what's with the long face? Are you disappointed in you're self? Well if you think that your friends are going to save you then your wrong. Because they aren't going to save you. Besides without you, they'd be much happier you know." He said like he just read my thoughts just like a book.

He went to a nearby table and grabbed a blade that looked similar to my own. He looked at me with a pain-driven smirk. I wanted to back away but I still couldn't move even if I wanted to. He came to me and lifted the weapon high into the air. Then he cut my cheek causing me to scream. He started to do the same to my arms. As he did that he started to tell me his great ideas to make the pain worse for me. Once he was done my cheeks were puffed as one of them still bleed and stained with tears. He only snickered at the mess he made and left me there to wallow in my own misery.

"Someone...take me out this hell...I can't do this anymore..."