Chapter 21 Connections

_Virgil's POV_

"I don't just care for him I love him."

The first thing I heard was his voice.

"Roman?" I called out as I sat up.

"Hey, there sleeping beauty." He said in response.

I rubbed my head as I felt a migraine kick in. Soon I glanced into his calm eyes as if it were the first and last time I could get to.

"What happened?"  I asked.

He soon explained what went down after I passed out. Once he even mentioned that he had slain Depression I went into a fierce panic.

"YOU DID WHAT!?! He's not that easy Roman you can't just get rid of him! Just like that!"

"Well, I'm sorry it was the only choice I could think of. I was angry love I didn't want to see you in any more pain. I lost control ok?"

"I understand that but, he'll come back he always does this time isn't different!"

"What do you mean by that he's gone for good-" He said before I interrupted him.

"You can't just get rid of Depression it always crawls back to a person!"

"How do you know that huh?!?"

"Because I just do alright!"

He stood there in shocked silence as he looked away from me. I came up to him and hugged him out of concern.

"Look princey I'm sorry alright you did save me right?"

"Yeah...but-"

"Besides if we take the right precautions we'll be safe. Every time he came back to me I was fearful and scared. I didn't even know how I could get rid of him. Now that you're here with me I feel braver somehow."

"That's courage Virgil and you're brave. I guess what I'm trying to say is that soon we'll beat him together won't we?" He said as he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck causing me to laugh a bit.

I couldn't stop feeling uneasy about it but he gave me hope. I smiled genuinely at him as a light blush came across my cheeks.

"Yeah...I guess you're right Ro."

Soon enough we ended a small conversation as Wrath went back to sleep. I crawled into Roman's arms as he wrapped his arms around my small figure. I was comfortable in his warm embrace. I soon passed out knowing that I'm safe now...right?

_Wrath's POV_

~Dreaming~

I could remember it all like it was only yesterday. I woke up in a dark and eerie forest not even knowing where I was or how I even got there. All I knew was nothing but my name. I sat up and I looked at my hands they were glowing a dark shade of orange. I soon realized that my whole body was glowing from head to toe. I looked at the clothes I was wearing. It was a black and torn t-shirt with grey jeans that went with the style. I didn't even have enough time to freak out when I heard a soft hiss from the nearby bushes. My eyes widened when I saw what was causing the hissing. It was a yellow snake. Its piercing eyes darted in my direction as I inhaled sharply backing away slowly from it. It hissed before it flew itself to me causing me to dodge and run holding back an earsplitting scream for help thinking that I was the only one here...oh god I was wrong. I ran what seemed like far enough and decided to climb a tree just in case it was trying to find me. I was panting for air until it subsided when I heard voices talking to one another.

"Are you sure this damn thing is here Double Dee?"

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure that it's totally here." The other said with sarcasm leaking in their voice.