chapter. 5

(Your p.o.v)

It's been 7 days since I met tanjiro, nezuko, and their family.

And 3 days ago kie said most of my injuries where heald, but 2 of my ribs were still cracked. so I should take it easy.

But as soon as she told me that I was almost completely healed, I started helping out around the house. I don't want to be just some helpless freeloader.

Oh! and when I was still bed ridden, tanjiro and nezuko spent a lot of their free time with me. makeing sure I felt at home and safe.

I'm currently folding the younger kids laundry, so kie can get some well deserved rest.

"Hey YN?" nezuko said from behind me. I gave a hum to show I was listening.

"Um, I know you've already been helping around the house a lot but... can... you .... please............ help me make dinner?" nezuko asks Hesitantly.

I look over my shoulder at her, and gave a smile  "of course I'll help you nezuko".

Once I said that, she visibly became less Tense.

I quickly finished folding and putting away the children's clothes. then follow nezuko into the kitchen area.

"So nezuko what are we gonna be makeing?" I ask. she looks at me and let's out a nervous chuckle. "well I don't know what to make" she admits with an awkward smile.

"Hmm.... ok. then what do we have to cook with?" I inquired. she thinks for a moment before saying "we have some beef, tomato's, potatoes, carrots, a bag of flour, and some lettuce" .

I think for a moment then replie "how about we make vegetable stew with beef added in. it's something that's delicious, filling, and will last a day or two if there's left overs".

Nezuko brightly smiles "that's perfect let's get to work!". I nodded returning her smile matching her energy.

[La time skip to after YN's done cooking  and the table is set]

"Foods ready!" nezuko calls to her siblings.

the 4 youngest are at the table in a flash, with kie and tanjiro not far behind them.

Once everyone was sitting at the table we started eating.

"Wow nezuko this stew is amazing!" hanako, Tanjiro's youngest sister spoke in awe. nezuko smiles softly and replies "thank you hanako, but YN did most of the work, and came up with the idea to make stew".

Kie looked over at me, giving me a motherly smile "thank you YN, the stew is wonderful sweetheart. I feel like your doing all the house work, I'm sorry".

"No, no, its completely fine! I'm use to doing homework. besides it's the least I can do, and I actually like helping out. so it's no problem" I say to kie waveing my hand in a dismissive matter.

"If you say so. but I still want you to take it easy your still injured" kie spoke firmly leaving no room to argue, so I just let out a sigh and nodded in defeat .

"Well anyway YN, this stew is very delicious thank you" tanjiro said and gave me a big smile.

"Thank you tanjiro it means a lot" I say to him. "so you like cooking?" tanjiro asked and I nodded saying "yes it's one of the few things that I'd consider a hobbie. I just love cooking seeing how Each meal turns out".

"You should cook more often YN, your food is sooooo good!" rokuta says stuffing his face with food. I let out a soft laugh.

"I'd love to. if that is ok with kie and nezuko? I can't just trespass in another women's kitchen" I say to the boy and look over at kie and nezuko. "of course I'll take all the help I can get" nezuko sighs dramatically which causes everyone to laugh.