*chapter 12* - The Chase pt. 2

Enjoy!! I am terribly sorry for the long wait but I've really been getting out of Voltron so this book may end sooner than originally planned but I hope you all still like it!

--------

"Lotor I don't know if we can trust this guy." I stated.

This unknown man shows up out of no where and claims he can help us get these people out. Granted, they are his own kind, but we have no idea what his plan is.

"I agree with (Y/n), he's being secretive, and we have no idea what his intentions are besides getting the prisoners out." Zethrid agrees, her face full of mistrust and nerves. She glanced over at the unknown man before drawing her eyes back to Lotor as he started to speak again. "We don't have the time to question his motives. We need to get them out now." He said with finality, all of us nodding our heads and walking back to the man.

"Well if we are going to get them out, we need to go now."

-------

"Was this such a good idea?"

Bullets and lazers were flying everywhere and we haven't even gotten to the prisoners yet.

When we first got to the base grounds, Lotor had the great idea of splitting up to cover more ground, only now realizing it may have not been the best decision. He and I split from the others.

"It sounded alot better when we weren't being shot at. " He admits bringing a chuckle to my lips.

"Well, no turning back now."

Suddenly static was over heard through our coms, almost as if they were switching over servers.

"(Y-" more static. But it almost sounded like they were saying my name, whatever voice was being heard.

"What?" I called out. "Lotor?" No answer. "Ezor?" Again, nothing but static.

"(Y/n)?" A voice called out through the now clear comms, but it wasn't one I was expecting.

"Lance? What are you doing? Why are you on my com? What's going on?" I didn't have time for this. Yes a family reunion or whatever would be nice, but lives were on the line right now and I couldn't be distracted.

"Were here to save the prisoners and take them home? What are you doing here?" The fizzle sound of the coms kinda mocked the sizzles of the lazers from the enemies hitting a tree next to me, but hearing his voice was like music to my ears all the same.

I took a deep breath of relief before answering. "Lance. God you have no idea how good it is to hear your voice."

He chuckled over the coms before saying, "glad to know I have an effect on you."

"Lance shut up!" Another voice interrupted.

"Pidge?"

"Good to hear from you (Y/n)."

I could hear the smile in her voice, even after all this time, she's still the same. I missed them alot.

A bullet almost hitting me made me come back to reality and immediately realize quite how bad my situation is.

"Look guys. As much as I love this reunion, we gotta work together. And I mean completely, including my team." I knew they still held a grudge, but I hoped that with me asking, and the dire situation, they would put that behind them, even just for a few hours.

"Got it. Reinforcements coming from your 6." Keith's voice filled my ears. "Thanks."

Almost as those words were finished leaving my mouth a metal trunk landed next to me and two lions along with it.

I immediately open the box to find newer and better weapons. Cannons, pistols, rifles, and tons of munitions.

-------

We finally made it to the base building holding all the prisoners and got to work. Many of them were barely able to walk, let alone run, so it slowed our process alot. Luckily we had the Voltron team to use their lions and help.

Shiro had yet to be seen, and somehow that had left a pang in my heart this whole time. Not even his voice was heard over the coms at any point. I could only wonder what he thought of me at this time.

To be completely honest. I loved him. Still do. I never stopped loving him, but I knew leaving was the best thing for me and them at the time. Who knows how I would fit in now, especially since I've been working with Lotor. But I knew deep in my heart that I never truly left the team behind.

"(Y/n), eyes." Lotor called out.

We had only a few more hallways to pass through before getting to the entrance where the lions were waiting for us.

"Copy." I help my gun up and more in front of me scouting the halls and walking ahead before giving them an all clear.

"We need to hurry. I bet they've already called for backup." Sharing my thoughts with Lotor, he only nodded with a grimace.

Smoke was the only thing we could smell in this long dark hallway. Every once in awhile there would be a flash of light from a gun usually followed by I sharp cry.

My legs took careful and quick steps trying to stay upfront and ahead of the group.

A shot whizzed past my head missing me, but the one followed after wasn't so lucky and landed a good one into my shoulder.

"Gah!" I shouted out but continued forward despite the excruciating pain. It wasn't a Lazer but a bullet that hit me, more of a crossbow bolt.

"(Y/n)!! Are you alright?" A chorus of curses and calls came from the coms and Lotor who rushed to check my wound, only for me to shove him off. "We need to keep going, we need to worry about the shooter first, and getting these people out."

If I wasn't determined before, then I surely was now.

I spotted the shooter running forward and out of sight past a corner, but I wasn't gonna let him get away so easily. So I chased him.

As soon as I passed the brick corner the shooter jumped at me, but I was prepared and before he could tackle me, I side stepped him and tackled him instead.

We started to wrestle before Lotor came around the corner about to help, but stopped when I yelled at him, "keep going! Get them out!!" We could see more men coming behind them. All armored and armed.

It wad the backup.

I quickly landed a hit against the shooters face and knocked him out.

I got to my feet as fast as humanly possible and tried to catch up to the group with the Galra army still behind me. Luckily the halls had tons of turns that kept a good wall or stance between me and the army.

"Lotor I'm almost there keep going!" I shouted into the coms, trying to hear over the loud sound of bullets leaving the chamber or lazers hitting the walls.

"Shit!"

I need to go faster.

Just as the army was about to reach me a lion crashed through the walls.

A black lion.

Shiro.

------

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so MIA but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I just had finals and a ton of stuff happen recently and too many funerals to go to than I'd like to admit, but I'm really trying to catch up.

I hope you guys had a great thanksgiving and have a great christmas!!

Word count: 1263