CHAPTER 14

Louis

"Hey lad! We've been calling you. The investigators were here awhile ago" Liam said as I enter the room.

It's 9 in the morning and Paige and I just parted ways. I really had a great time with her. I want to tell the boys what happened but I think now is not a perfect time. I can see the worried looks on my lads' faces. Something's wrong, I guess. I sat down beside Zayn who's currently looking through his phone.

"What happened?" I asked.

Harry just shrugged and said, "They cannot trace who are the people behind the incident. So, our stay here might take longer"

"Also, we should be extra careful now because everyone who is around us could be a suspect, even us" Niall added.

We are busy talking about what the policemen said when my phone rung suddenly. I looked at the call ID and it's Paige.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked.

"Louis. Where are you? Are you okay?" I can sense that she's worried. What the heck is happening?

"I'm okay. What's happening? Are you fine?" I stand up and walk towards the window.

"I'm fine. It's just that, uh, I'm going to New York today. We have a, uh, urgent business meeting"

"Oh, when are you coming back?"

"I'm not sure."

"Call me when you got to New York. I'll also call you as often as I can. Take care, okay?"

"You too. See yah"

"I'll miss you, Paige" I told her. I cannot see her but I bet she's blushing right now. She always do that whenever I say something romantic and I think it's so cute of her.

"Whatever. Gotta go!" She chuckled and hung up. She didn't let me say good bye, but I am happy that she called me to check out on me and update me. That was so thoughtful of her.

It's just nice that she thought of calling me before she go somewhere. I smiled while looking at my phone. I can't believe she called me.

Last night was the best night I had. It's very simple, we had taco bell, sitting inside the car just talking about random things.

I get to see the real Paige, the who's not holding back. She's shy whenever I kiss her, but she's giving in. I guess I should be more patient with her, especially now that I found out that her past is quite painful. I should be really careful about her.

I am now decided that I will pursue her, no pressure. I will wait whenever she's ready, the only thing I want is to be with her.

"You're smiling like an idiot" When I turned around, the boys are smiling at me weirdly and Zayn threw a pillow on me. We just laughed and I sat beside him.

I lean on Harry who's sitting on my left side and put my feet on Zayn's lap. "Well, guess who just got laid last night?" I asked them.

"No way!" They said together while laughing. Ha! Idiots!

I smiled "No one" I told them and Harry and Zayn pushed me off them! "Ouch, lads! You are brutal!" I laughingly said. And then I told them what happened last night. The reason why I didn't go home.

"You're in danger, lad" Harry said in his low voice. I looked at him and his eyes are wide opened "Are you sure you are ready now?"

"I guess. She's different. If this won't work out, I guess I don't have the choice but to just accept it. She worth the risk, though" I confidently answered him "Paige is one of a kind, I guess. Everything about her is like a mystery"

"Yeah, she's quite mysterious. Are you really sure about that?" Niall asked and I nodded. Well, I'm really sure about this. I know for a fact that this will be hard but I like her so much, all I want is for her to be mine.

Max

"Max, good thing you're here. We are flying to New York now. We traced one of the goons and found out he's in NYC. Just hope that he won't get away this time." Gaven said seriously as she packed her things. The other girls are doing the same.

"And also, there were investigators at the boys' mansion awhile ago. They still cannot find anything regarding the shooting incident." Clay added while getting stuff from her drawer.

I went to the window and called Louis to inform him about my whereabouts and also to check up on him. We had a little talk and as usual, he's making me blush!

When we got to NYC, we decided to stay in a hotel to plan our investigation later. We don't want to mess this up. As we are setting up our stuff, I decided to go somewhere a bit far from them and called Louis.

"In New York already?" He asked as soon he answered his phone.

"Yup. Just fixing up in the hotel room and we're ready to go to the meeting." I said. I noticed that the girls looked at me and gave me weird smiles. I stuck my tongue out and the just chuckled.

"Okay. That's great. The boys and I decided to have dinner outside. I miss you already, be back here as soon as you can."

I blushed. Louis is being mushy now! I don't know what are we but he's being so romantic and my hopeless ass is giving in!

"Stop it." I said.

I heard him chuckled and said, "What? It is true. I will never lie to you"

"Max, come on" I heard Keith whispered and smirked at me. I nodded and answered Louis.

"I gotta go. I'm getting late" I was about to hang up when he stopped me. What does he wants now?

"Wait! Be careful, okay? I miss you, for real" he said and hung up. I feel my cheeks burning because of Louis! Idiot. Gosh. Why did he become this mushy?

"Hey, Max. Tell your boyfriend that you've got a mission to finish" Harper smirked at me as I walked towards them. I just rolled my eyes and they laughed.

I sighed "Well, he's not my boyfriend" I told them "But you know what, he's being romantic in a more sincere way"

"Oh sweetheart, are you falling for him?" Keith said as she sat beside me. I put my head on her shoulder and she stroke my hair. I nodded shyly because I don't wanna admit it.

I looked at the girls and their eyes grew large, they stopped their work and sat closer to me.

"Oh no, are you ready for this?" Clay asked. I can sense that they are concerned, well, I, myself is afraid also. But, I just can't stop myself from falling for him.

I sighed again, "I guess. There's nothing I can do. It's just that, I like him so much. If he hurts me, I guess I'll have to accept it."

"We are here for you, okay?" Harper squeezed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

Then Gaven gave me a hug and added, "We will kick him in the ass if he hurts you."

We all laughed. I'm so happy that my friends are always this protective. I can always count on them no matter what.

"But when are you gonna tell him the real you?" Harper asked. Woah. It never entered my mind. I realized that Louis doesn't even know my real name.

I shrugged "I don't know. That never really crossed my mind yet."

I don't want to look like a liar to him. I want Louis to trust me. But telling him means giving up my job. And this is what I do growing up. I don't know what I am without The Camp.

Guess I'll have to cross the bridge when I get there.