Chapter 1 - Encounter

Y/n tied her shoes and hugged her mom goodbye before actually walking out of the home, going to school. Today is her first day of school and she is rather excited. 

She looks up at the sky and took a deep breath with a big smile, being optimistic as she is. She put her earphones on and played Fireworks by Kenshi Yozuno and DAOKO, taking the hair tie off her hair to let her hair sway to the wind instead.  She can't help but feel like one of those couples in a romantic or blossoming love story in a music video. (Oh don't we all...? xp)

As she reached the front of the gate of the school, she stood for a while and stared at the school with a smile, wondering if she would make any friends at all.

She sighed with a smile and walked in, entering the hallway and looking around to see where her class is. She stopped walking, wanting to ask someone if they knew where her class was. But before that, she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see a quite tall, green-haired boy with freckles.

"Excuse me, Miss. Could you tell me where  Class 1-4 is..?" He asks as he looks around while scratching his head, not yet looking at her.

Y/n, on the other hand, stared at him and blushed, feeling a sudden shiver rush through her spine. Her eyes widen and she gripped her phone a little tighter. 

"It's actually quite confusing with all-" Yamaguchi now looked down at her and was bedazzled at her cuteness. He looks at her eyes, making eye contact with her.

They just stared at each other while blushing hard. For Y/n, this was it. Love at first sight. The love song, the blurriness of the people around them, and them just looking at each other.

This moment was broken when Y/n was pushed by someone who was in a rush, resulting in Yamaguchi reacting quickly to grab hold of her by her waist. One of Y/n's earphones came off as she stared at Yamaguchi, who smiled at her before letting her stand.

"Are you ok?" He asked to which she shyly nodded.

She took her earphones off and puts her phone and earphones in her bag. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you.. you see, I was listening to music.." she looks down, embarrassed.

"It's ok. You're searching for your class too?" He asks and she nodded.

"Let's search for together then, what do you say?" He offered and smiled.

"I'm in 1-4," They said in unison, staring at each other for a while before giggling.

"Alright then, let's get going." He said and walked on ahead while she followed him.

They entered the class together and Yamaguchi immediately to where a tall blonde guy with glasses was sitting with his headphones on.

"Tsukki!! You should've waited for me. I got lost out there." Yamaguchi huffed while Tsukishima didn't look at him and rolled his eyes.

"It's not my fault if you take too long in the toilet," Tsukishima replied.

Yamaguchi pinched the bridge of his nose before turning back to look at Y/n.

"O-oh.. I.. actually.." Yamaguchi walked towards her shyly as he looked away, while Y/n tilted her head and looked at him.

"I didn't get your name." He said with a small grin.

"L/n.. L/n Y/n.." she said and smiled. "But you can call me Y/n."

"I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi." he said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Tada-kun." she smiled and he widens his eyes a little at the nickname she gave him.

'Ta..da..kun..?' he thought as he blushed.

Y/n looks at him and her smile faded, seeing him a little flustered. 

"What's the matter? Is it..bad?" she asked.

"What?! N-no!! Of course it's not!" He snapped to reality ad laughed as he scratched the back of his head.

"N-nice to meet you too... Y/n-chan." He said and Y/n nodded before going to sit on her seat while Yamaguchi does the same.

"He's..cute.." 

She mutters to herself while cautiously turning her head back to have a glance of Yamaguchi, who was sitting right behind her, only to realize he was already staring at her. She quickly turned her head back and covered her face with her hands, blushing hard. 

'Great, now he's gonna think I'm a creep or something. Way to go Y/n.' she thought to herself as she lightly slammed her face on the table.

Yamaguchi saw her and lightly smiled, resting his face on his hand, tilting his head a little.

'Well, aren't you a cutie pie..?' he thought to himself and smiled.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Tsukishima asked.

Yamaguchi looked at Tsukishima to see him raising his eyebrow, still having his serious expression on. 

"Well, I just am.. and I don't even know why." Yamaguchi replied as he leaned back and sighed with a smile.

The class soon started and the teacher was explaining and Y/n was taking notes when she noticed a piece of paper slip up beside her on her desk. She turned back to look at Yamaguchi and he smiled at her.

She quickly grabbed it and placed the note in between her book to read what it says.

'Hey. I'm bored.' 

She reads the note and chuckles silently before taking her pen and writing down-

'Yeah. Me too.'

'Well well...what do you think we should do?'

'Umm... Idk :('

'What do you like to do in general?'

'Watch movies, cook, and read books. you?'

'Meh, nothing in particular.. What's your favorite movie?'

'Well I can't choose >.<' 

'Genre'

'Romantic/ love story'

'Then I'm sure you've watched Your name

'Oh don't even get me started, I LOVE the plot.'

They exchanged notes throughout the class and this way, they found a lot in common with each other, including that they lived in the same street even though they have no idea about it.