one; trusting me

when i woke up, i didn't expect the ceiling above me to be white. hell, i didn't even expect to survive. it was far from peaceful, though.
it looked like hell on earth outside, made the simulation seem like paradise. then again, i did kill a man.

' momota chan, pass the tv remote will you~? ' a voice from the chair beside me spoke. there's only one person who'd ask the patient to do that...
' kokichi? ' i spoke, staring at the purple-haired boy.
' the one and only~... anyway, are you deaf~? hand me the remote~... ' he joked, leaned back in his chair, chugging a bottle of panta. i rolled my eyes, handing him the tv remote.

he switched it to monster high as i was more focused on him. more specifically, his condition. he was in a wheelchair. he seemed exhausted, mentally and physically.
' momota chan, i know im sexy but— '
' switch it to the simulation, ' i ordered, him hesitantly doing so.

kiibo had self destructed, causing kokichis breath to hitch. i stayed still and quiet, hoping the poor boy would forget i was here and break down.
' damn~... did you know hes human here~? ' kokichi hummed, smiling that same fucking smile.
' did you check on everyone? '
' mostly. tenko and iruma were big no-no's for now... ' he sighed. he seemed stressed...

' gonta— '
' he knew about the plan, idiot. he did it willingly, he wasn't mad, ' kokichi seemed frustrated. ' you know what they fucking did?! they thought making me watch the entire simulation again was a good idea! '
' what?! '
' yeah! i guess it worked though... i reacted at gonta's execution and... they stopped... '

he was so lonely. we all shunned him. we're so fucking stupid. of course, he only trusted shuichi.
' god... im so scared... it was all fake, but... '
' it was real. the pain you felt was real. ' i argued, my eyebrows furrowed. he seemed sort of shocked... taken aback.

' annnnddd the survivors are~... shumai~! maki roll~! and himi~! ' kokichi announced, cheering dramatically. the screen blacked out. ' kayayday is probably already with shuichi, tenko to himiko... we should go check on maki roll~! '
i nodded, carefully standing up as i helped roll his wheelchair out to the other room. c-13... harukawa.

kokichi knocked gently before entering, sitting beside the bed. i was ready to protect from any attacks.
sure enough, she tried attacking kokichi, spouting insults she did not mean. he just sat there and took it, smiling.
' you deserved to die! ' she ended with, panting.

' are you done now~? geez~... y-you're SO MEAN MAKI ROLL WAAAAHHHHH! ' he cried crocodile tears. ' okay, im all better now~! momota chan, get your girlfriend calm and we can go back to my room~! ' he hummed.
' girlfriend? ' we both said at the same time, unimpressed.
' whateverrrrr~! hurry it up, i have to take my antidepressants or whatever~... ' he yawned.

the two of us talked for a while before i took kokichi back to his room where shuichi was waiting. ' a-ah..! ouma kun..! '
' saihara chan~! congrats on winning~! ' kokichi obviously didn't want to talk to him right then.
' we wouldn't have been able to without you... t-thank you! ' he bowed.
' if that's all, leave. '

silence followed by the pitter patter of shuichi's feet leaving.

' sorta harsh... ' i whistled lowly.
' you know what else is harsh, space boy~?! you're alone, kokichi, you always will be! ' he yelled before quieting down, fidgeting with the hem of his gown.
' thank you, kokichi. '
' for what? i didn't do anything. '
' for trusting me. '