Chapter 3: Present Day

Blossom's POV

Today is my parent's funeral. Yes...you did not read that wrong. I don't know what to do, I'm completely, utterly broken. Why, why did it have to be like this. I just, I can't stop the tears. Why was I insisting on them coming to New York? Why? I'm on my way to the morgue.

I don't even know who phoned me. I just ran out and never worry about the caller. I ran into the morgue and saw my aunt Irene, sitting and crying on the bench. She was my mum's only sister. When she saw me, she ran to me and hugged me.

"Blossom dear, I'm so sorry, I would've never thought both of them would die," she said between sobs.

"Aunt you don't have to apologize, it isn't your fault. I going to find out what happened." I said. "Okay but tell me everything they say," she said. I nodded and walked towards the detectives standing by the corner.

They saw me and began walking towards me. "Are you Ms. Blossom Knight." the brown-haired guy asked. I replied in the affirmative.
"I'm detective Duke and he's detective Max," he said to me. "What happened to my parents," I asked. "We got the postmortem reports and there was alcohol detected in your dad's blood flow." He said. Wait a minute, my dad never drinks, it would have more believable if he had a heart attack but drinking...never.

"May I ask what he drank?" I asked. "Wine, red wine to be precise." He said. "Okay thank you, "I said. I know something's wrong because my dad is allergic to grapes so why would he drink wine. All this isn't making sense, who messed with the reports and why would they lie?

Ace's POV

4 hours earlier

I was walking through my company, on my way to my office. I specialize in Manufacturing, Architecture, we give loans, I have shipping ports around the world, and many restaurants and hotels.

Can you believe it? The people that came from nothing, living from hand to mouth, have become the most successful businessmen in the world. I'm the number one, most successful businessman in the world. My brothers are slacking, because of their wives and fiancé they getting distracted LOL. So I overtook them and now number one.

My brother, Andrew is a financial consultant. He's the eldest amongst us and he has several companies around America. My second eldest brother, Austin is a lawyer and has the number one law firm with the best lawyers. He had some help from mama Isabell, Blossom's mum, she was an excellent lawyer. My third eldest brother, Anthony is a Chartered Account. He does the books for most of America. My fourth eldest brother, Alexander has a Tourism agency and he's doing trans-Atlantic shipping with me. We import and export gold, diamonds, and many other renewable and non-renewable resources. We competing with the Coopers to transport for the whole world.

I sat by my desk, looking at the proposal from Johnson's and co. While looking at it I got a call from my dad. "Hi, Dad, what's up?"I said. "Where are you now?"He said in a panicked tone. "I'm in the office, dad what's wrong?"I asked getting a little anxious. "Go to NYC Hospital on 5th Avenue right now, Liam and Isabell met in an accident," he said. "Are they okay?"I asked. " "I...I don't know" he stuttered. Ace, Ace, are you there, speak to me, Ace."He said in a raised tone.

I got out of my shocked daze and immediately left my office. "Does Blossom know?"I asked. "No I was the last person he spoke to so they called me first," he said. "And I think you should tell her because you two were the closest to Liam," he said.

"Okay I'll handle it, "I said and cut the call. I ran to my car and switched to Bluetooth. I phoned my 'Inside person' who I kept in contact with so they can keep me updated on Blossom and what reckless shenanigans she's been up to. Don't judge me, she's irresponsible.

"Hey, where is she?"I asked. "At the office, why, "they asked. "Shit, she still doesn't know, "I said out of aggravation. "What, what's wrong?" they asked. "Nothing, "I said and cut the call.

I finally reached the hospital. I ran in and went to the lady at the front desk. "Hello, can you lead me to Mr. and Mrs. Knight's room"I asked?

"Who are you?" she asked

"I'm a close relative, you spoke with my father earlier " I replied. "

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry for your loss," she said.

"What do you mean," I asked ignoring the obvious.

"Dear they passed on in the car crash," she said.

What. Now how am I supposed to tell Blossom? Crap. Crap. Why.

Unknowingly a tear fell from my cheek. I quickly wiped it and asked the lady to take me to them. I have to be strong for Blossom.

I walked into the morgue thinking about all the possible reasons for what could've happened. I saw two bodies on the table. I couldn't see them because that lady said they were doing some tests. But she isn't here right so let me just .. take .. a teeny weeny peek, you know just to see if it's them. As I was about to open the sheet someone put their hand on my shoulder. " Aaaahhh" I screamed like a little girl. I turned back to see it was and it was none other than..... "Duncan?".

Author's note: Hey guys. Here's, as promised, the long chapter. Please vote and share my book. Oh, and what do you think about Ace and Blossom and their characters.
Next chapter I'll put up a picture of Ace

Loads of love, your only
Sugar_rush17 💗