Chapter Twelve - Teamwork

The second chapter of the day! I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment any issues you have or any other feedback!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aelin's POV -

"You're on the team."

"WHAT" Aelin exclaimed, "You told me that I was awful; why would you now want me on the team?!"

"That was all a roose. The professor sent someone to pull me out of class earlier, claiming she had someone that would be perfect for the team. We thought it would be best for you to practice unaware of what was at stake, so that I could see you at your best without any added pressure. Although from the looks of it, you seem to deal fine with pressure anyway." Manon explained to Aelin.

"We have one spot available, and as the captain of the Slytherin quidditch, I think you should get it. You'll be playing as a chaser, so the pressure is really on. We need all the points we can get, just in case the other team's seeker catches the snitch. You're going to need to work hard though; Lorcan's not going to be pleased when he hears I've put a first-year on the team instead of one of his pick, but he needs to remember that I'm in charge not him."

"Wait you know Lorcan?" Aelin blurted out. "Never mind, of course you know Lorcan, he's a prefect for our house."

"Yeah. Dark-haired dude with a stick up his ass, always hanging around with is little cadre?"

"That's the one. You guys friends?"

"Nah. The dude hates me because I wouldn't back down like the rest of the third-years when he tried to pick on me, and hasn't let it go since. He's a great player, but he has to get his attitude in check."

"Tell me about it. He has an issue with me because both of my parents were from muggle families. Apparently that make me a mudblood too. My friends don't know this, but he slips notes in my bag every few days, detailing how much he hates me. I think it's meant to intimidate me but honestly I love a good laugh. Whenever he scowls, his right ear moves up and I can't take him seriously because of it."

"I've seen that too!! He looks like some scary guy but his ear just throws the look off for me." Manon cackled.

If Aelin and Ansel were a dangerous pairing, Manon and Aelin were deadly. The two of them continued to talk, coming up with intricate ways to annoy Lorcan, most of which revolving round howlers. Aelin had also met Manon's friends, labelled 'the thirteen' at Hogwarts. They were all very fun, and Aelin got on with Asterin the most, a Hufflepuff who was on the quidditch team and was able to match Aelin for the amount of smack that she spoke.

It had got dark now, and Aelin and Manon continued to chat, packing away all their things before Manon ran after her friends to the great hall for dinner.

It was at this moment, that six figures decided to walk down the path towards the quidditch pitch, watching as Aelin grabbed a broom and zoomed up into the air for a last ride before she too went to the great hall.

She rode around on her new broom which Manon had given her, coming down only to be faced by six tall boys, all bearing a stone cold mask, except the two at the back. One sported a massive grin, like the one Manon had on only minutes before, the other - Gavriel, she thought he was called - looking upon her with a mixture of sympathy and fear.

Lorcan, of course stood near the front of the pack, only behind the same silver-haired boy that had glared at her during the sorting ceremony.

This would be fun.