57

~Trevae POV

"My brother? You're kidding right?" I asked. "Why would I lie about something like that." He said. "But I don't have anymore siblings. I've never seen you before." I said. "I'll explain everything to you. I just need you to sit down and listen to me, please."

I sat down on my bed.

"Everything I told you about me was a lie. Well, besides my age and my name. I was never living with my dad or uncle or anything like that, I made that up. Before you were born, when it was just me and April-" I cut him off. "Wait so you know about April too?" I asked making him nod. "When I was a couple months old and April was like five or six, we got taken away and put in the foster system because our parents got locked up. April and I were together for a few months but word was that mom and dad had their charges dropped and they were able to get us back. Years had passed, you were born. You were like two at the time when the feds came and knocked our doors down. The cycle repeated and we were put in foster care again. But this time around, they only came back for you and April."

"Why?" I asked.

"I wish I knew. But I was in the foster system until I was fifteen. I ran away and was living with some friends." He said. "So how'd you recognize me when you saw me?" I asked. "I got that feeling that I knew you from somewhere. Then I put two and two together. Plus your face didn't change, you're still the little sister I remember." He said. "It's hard to believe. Wouldn't I remember having a brother?"

"Like I said, you were young. You wouldn't remember." He said. "I guess you're right. But why didn't you just tell me all this when you first got here?" I asked. "It's not the easiest thing to just pop out and say. I didn't want to scare you off." He said.

"But um, I don't want to hold you or anything so I'll let myself out." He said getting up and walking out.

**Next Day**

I got up hearing my phone ringing. It was a FaceTime call from Khalil.

"What." I said answering it squinting my eyes from the brightness of my phone.

"You got fucking arrested!" He yelled.

"He wasn't supposed to tell you that."  I sighed.

"He didn't tell me. I think you fail to realize I still got people up in Chicago. Why did you call Rondo and not me?"

"You jealous or something."

He looked at me with a death stare through the screen.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you doing this. Grilling me and shit, it's ten in the morning its too early for all that." I scoffed.

"Well you need to la-" I cut him off.

"Yes I know. Lay low, do this, do that. Rondo already told me, I don't need the speech again." I said.

"Well I'm just making sure. I'll talk to you later."

"Wait, Khalil." I said before he could hang up.

"You never sent me that guys number or address. The one that could get me background information on people." I said.

"I'll send it now." He hung up the phone and the notification came in a few seconds a later. I still didn't trust Jet like that. I find it weird how I don't remember any of these things, regardless of me being young. So just to make sure he wasn't lying to me, I still wanted to check in on him. I got out the bed and walked into my bathroom getting ready for the day.

**

I grabbed my keys and went out to my car making my way to address Khalil gave me.

**