Drama at the Darn Funeral

Phyllis POV

This is it. After a week of preparations, my mama gets buried today and If someone starts something, I'm going to pop the mess outta 'em! I open my eyes, and I looked over, and I see that Mic was lying beside me. I swear this boy is overprotected. I kissed him on the cheek and headed to the bathroom. I turned on the water and stepped into the shower to only stand there. I stand under the hot water and just cried silently. Then I felt hands on my waist. I turned around and I saw Chris. I hug him and continued to cry. He bathed me, washing every part of me, including my hair. I got out, wrapped a towel around my damp body, and headed to the room. I saw that Mic wasn't in the bed. He must have gone downstairs. I grab my clothes and walked into the bathroom I decided not to put my hair in a high ponytail. I blow dried it, and leave it curly. I walked downstairs to see everyone looking nice. Everyone looked at me. Chris walked up to me and grabs my hand while Mike grabs the other. They lead me out of the house while the others followed. We all got into the Hummer Limo, and we arrived at the church. We walk in and we sit in the front row. Then more people showed up and eventually, the church was packed! Damn, my mama should have influenced a lot of people. I walked up to the casket one last time. I kissed her cold cheek and grabbed the top of the casket. With my head bowed and with the help of the funeral home attendants, I lowered the top of the casket. Chris grabbed me as we walked back to our sets. The service began. A couple of people came up and talked about how great my mom was. The pastor has just done a final call for people to give their reflections when a woman walks up. I squinted to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. I look at the casket and then at the woman. Na, that ain't my mama. She is too ugly. I see Pearl standing next to her. I look at Diamond and she looks just as confused as I did. "Hello. My name is Amber Peterson. I'm Lisa's older sister." "SISTER???" Diamond and I whispered shockingly. So this whole time, my best friend has been my cousin? I thought to myself. "Everyone look at the white girl in the first row." Everyone looks at me. Uh oh...this can not be good. "As you know, that's Lisa's ADOPTED daughter." I sat back with complete shock on my face. "Adopted?" I said. "Doesn't she look like her mother? The town whore? You see, Lisa wasn't all that great and half of yall in this room know that. Lisa was just standing in my way between what I wanted." Jon and Mic looked like they wanted to kill her right about now. I let go of both their hands and quietly slipped off my shoes. I stood up and asked, "If you really felt this way, why show up?" "Because I want to expose the truth! And since she's already dead, can't no one check me nor stop me." "Amber, that's enough!" Mr. Brown roared. "What's the matter, James? Are you afraid that the church wouldn't bury your beloved lover when they found out that Lisa Washington and her so-called best friend Ashley Turner are lovers?" "LIAR!" I looked to see Ms. Ashley being held back by a man. "Now, I bet you wondering who Phyllis's real mother is..." "The woman that's lying in the casket," I replied. " Nope..." "Amber..." Mr. James replied. "Shut up James! This little whore has been torching my poor daughter for YEARS! And since I never cared about the family disgrace, I figured why not kill to birds with one stone." I walked up to her and she grabbed my face. "Welcome to Hell, baby girl. Come near or touch Pearl, I'm going to make the day you met me, the day you regret." I shoved her off me and replied, "I guess it's a little too late for that, don't you think??" Before she could reply, I slapped her in the face and turned around. I pull the dress from above my head, to reveal the short shorts I had on and my sports bra, showing my abs. Thank God for boxing classes. I waited till Amber got up, grab her by her neck, and began to choke her. " Listen. I don't give a flying flute who the hell you are. If it wasn't for the fact that we are in the church, I would do more damage. Come near me again, I will kill you. And that's a promise, Auntie." I let her go. "No need to finish this, Pastor." I said. "Nothing you can say can bring me comfort. This is officially the worst day of my life. You can pack her up and You all can go home." I walked out the door. 

Diamond POV

I walked up to my mom! "WHAT THE HELL???" I yelled. I was beyond furious. All this time, Phyllis has been my cousin and she knew. She never said anything to us about her sister. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS??? ESPECIALLY AT THE FUNERAL!! HAVE YOU NO RESPECT?!?!?" "WHO ARE YOU RAISING YOUR VOICE AT? I'M YOUR MOTHER...." I didn't hear the rest she had to say. I walked out the door and I saw Phyllis walking. I yelled for Chris. I grabbed Chris by his hand and we ran over to Phyllis. Phyllis's eyes are red, and she's pale. Chris pulled her in his arms, kissed her on the cheek, and hugged her. She broke down in his arms. I rub her back, cause I didn't know what else to do. All of a sudden a black Honda rolls up and this girl pops out of the passenger side. Damn. I smell M.D. More Drama.

Chris POV

"CHRIS!!!" I rolled my eyes. "Michelle, please not now. I already paid child support! What more do you want?" I looked to see my ex, Michelle, standing there like a dummy. She cheated on me when we were together and has a baby with another man. We both know that I'm not the father yet she put me on child support. Michelle ignored me and went straight to Phyllis. "Um, Chris, who the hell is this?" Phyllis turned around and looked her up and down. "My name is Phyllis. You are....?" "Michelle. Chris's GIRLfriend." Phyllis looked at her, looked back and me and asked, "Are you SURE you his girlfriend?" Michelle looked stunned. I shook my head. "Michelle looked at me and said, "Anyway, Chris, I need some more money." "For What?" Diamond asked. "He just said he paid child support. How many kids you got, 25??" Phyllis laughs and Michelle is pissed. "Bitch, I bet yo mama.." Phyllis grabbed her by her throat. "Phyllis...babygirl please..." Phyllis sighed and dropped Michelle. Michelle lay on the ground gasping for air. "You better be lucky. Chris just saved your life...THIS time..." With that, Phyllis walked off! "DAMN MICHELLE!!! DO YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING!!" Michelle laughed and said, I told you, baby, If I can't have you, no one will." "You're a sick individual," Diamond said and took off after Phyllis. "Don't come near me again, Michelle." I walked down the street to explain to Phyllis. I found Phyllis sitting on the curb. "Phyllis..." Phyllis shook her head. "It's ok. I understand where she's coming from. I truly do." I hugged Phyllis and we head back to the church.

BACK AT THE CHURCH...

JAMES POV

I watched my son run after Phyllis. I walked up to the Pastor and apologized to him. I kissed the head of Lisa's casket and gestured the funeral home attendants to take my Lisa away. After her body was in the funeral hearse, I walked up to Amber and asked, "Are you happy, now?" Amber flipped her hair and said, "Extremely!" My sons walked up behind me. "You're a hateful woman!" Jordan said. Amber slapped him in the face when my sister, Mary, slapped her. The room got quiet. "Don't slap my nephew! What the hell is wrong with you? You disrespect your own sister! How dare you! Get out and if I CATCH you anywhere near my family again, I will beat that ass!" Pearl grabbed her mom and they walked out the church. "That woman! I swear, James...." "Calm down, Mary." She scolded me saying, "I AM calm." Just then, a guy came walking in, holding a baby. "Excuse Me? Is this the funeral of Lisa Washington?? I'm looking for Phyllis Washington?" he asked. Jon and Mic walked up on him and asked, "Who wants to know?" Phyllis walks in the church with Diamond and Chris following her. The guy turns around and the little girl wiggles out his arms and runs to her. "MOMMY! MOMMY!" Phyllis picks up the girl and holds her kissing her on the cheek. "Hi Mommy's babygirl." Phyllis replied. We all looked shocked and said, "Mommy?" Phyllis sighed and said, "This is my daughter DeLeah." We were all shocked when Jon said, "And just when you thought things couldn't get any more interesting..."