The Secret Hideout

Chris POV

I turned the corner with the screaming Phyllis in my arms. I place her down and she punches me in the chest. I pull her into a hug until her hard punches became softer. She eventually stopped and just put her arms around me as she just cried. I whisper soft encouragements to her as we stayed in the same spot. Then I idea popped into my head. I took her hand, put them in mine and we walked to the house. I placed her into my car and we drove off. We pulled up to my spot 20 minutes later. I got up from the car, closed my door, and went around the car to open Phyllis's door. I helped her out of the car, closed the door, put the alarm on, took Phyllis's hand and we walked down the trail. We end up here at the end of the trail. "Wow! This is beautiful. What are we doing here?" Phyllis asked. "This is my spot, a place where I go to clear my head. I came here after you left. " I explained.

Flashback-2 Day after Phyllis left

It's been two days and my heart aches. I'm going to look for her! I need to see her. I packed a bag and wrote a note to my dad. I locked the door and ran! Ran as if my life depended on it. Sometime later I walk walking when I saw this trail. I followed it and arrived to a beautiful oasis. It looked abandoned for some time and I walked in. I dropped my stuff and sat on the sofa. The inside is pretty. I took out a picture of me and Phyllis. I held it close to my heart and just cried. Just then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I screamed and ran to the door when he grabs my arms. He picked me up with one hand and I was running in the air! Ah,snap! I have been caught! "Who are you?" he asked very angrily. "Um, I'm....I'm..." "Dad, put the boy down!" A Chinese boy came out the room with his hands on his hips. The man drops me on the floor, hard, causing me to rub my butt. The guy walks up to me. He reaches out his hand to help me up. "Are you ok??" "Yes. I'm fine." I replied. "I'm Donzell. Donzell Thomas. That was my dad Denzell Thomas." I turned to Mr. Thomas. "I'm sorry Mr. Thomas. I didn't mean to break into your home. I didn't see where I was going." "Quite alright! Just next time you want to run away, give us a call." I laughed and agreed. "

End of Flashback

"I'm glad that someone was there for you when I left," Phyllis answered sincerely. "What happened to them?" She asked. "Father died a very years after that, leaving this cabin to his son. His son didn't have any use for it so he said that I can have it. He signed over the paperwork to my father and when I graduate from high school, it officially becomes my house." Phyllis looked shocked. "Wow! This is beautiful. I really feel calm up here." "Yeah that's what I thought when I first came here." We fell silent when Phyllis asked, "Did my mom seem sick to you?" I fell silent as I really think about her question. " No." I finally said. "She didn't seem sick at all to me." Phyllis leans on my shoulder and closes her eyes. Silent tears rolled down her cheek as I kissed them away. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against hers. Just like we use to do.