The Family Secret Come Out...

Jon POV

I walk back and forth in my room, waiting on Philly to call about mom. That may not have been our real mother, and we only got to visit once a month, but I still love her. "Stop walking around, Jon. You making me nervous." Mic said. "Sorry. I can't help it." I replied. Just then the phone rang. Our dad answers the phone. He doesn't talk for a long time before he hangs up the phone. He looks at us and shakes his head. Tears roll down my face. "She's gone, isn't she?" Mic stated. Our dad nodded. I grab my keys and walked out of the house. I walk to the neighborhood park and sat on the swing. I started to swing. "You know, swinging is good for the soul." She said. "How is swinging good for the soul mama L?" Mic asked. "Well, every time you start to swing, all the things that have been bothering you, all the things you're worried about will all go away." I continued to swing as I remembered when she told us. I felt someone standing behind me causing me to stop my swing. I turned around and it was Diamond. I hopped off the swing and hugged her. She just broke down. "We have to support her, Jon. She needs us more than ever." I nod in agreement. We walked back to the house to see that my boyz and her crew were at the house. Ria was crying on Robbie, Courtney was holding Hazel, Bree was holding her sister NuNu. "So are we busting up or naw?" Bree asked. "I want to see her!" Ria said. "We all do," Hazel confirmed. We all nod our heads in agreement. "Well, it's not down the street and around the corner. It's a 12-hour drive." Courtney said. "I'm going, no matter what the cost." I declared. BANG! BANG! BANG! We heard a loud knock on the door. I went to answer it. It was Pearl, smacking her gum. "What is it?" I asked. " Well hey to you too." Pearl walks in. Um, I know this hoe didn't walk into my house uninvited. She walks into the living room where everyone is. She popped her gum and looked at Diamond. "Diamond, Mom says it's time to come home." Diamond rolled her eyes and said, "I'll be home later. Tell her to call me on Jon's phone." "We have to go! NOW!" Pearl yelled. Diamond looked at her like she had three heads. "Can't you see that I'm not coming home right now? My friend's mother died, Pearl! My boyfriend's step-mother has DIED! I'm not coming home right now!" "I don't give a DAMN if the President's gone! Mom says come home!!!" Diamond did not move. "Pebbles' mother died, and I'm going to Chicago to see her and support her! Tell mom that!" Pearl sucked her teeth. "Come on! I ain't got time for this!!!!" Diamond hoped up. "SO YOU GO HOME!! IM TIRED OF YOU ASSIN AROUND! WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!" I held Diamond back. Diamond was pissed. She was red and her fist was balling up. She was ready to swing. Pearl got in her face and yelled, "THE PART THAT OUR MOTHER SENT ME CAUSE SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU HANGING AROUND WITH A WANNA BE BLACK ADOPTED B!TCH!! WHITE TRASH GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HER!" Ria walked up to her and slapped her in the face. "Get the hell out! NOW! Don't make me tell you more than once!" Pearl walked out of the house. I looked at Mic and I knew we were both thinking the same thing. Phyllis....adopted?!?

Avant (Phyllis's Father) POV

I heard all the commotion from the kitchen. I sat there with my head in my hands when I felt someone in the room. I looked up and it was Mic and Jon. "Dad? Is it true? Is Phyllis adopted?" I sighed. "Yes, Phyllis is adopted. You see, Lisa couldn't have any children, so we adopted Phyllis when she was 4 months old." Jon and Mic look so hurt. "Dad, how could you keep a secret from us? And why we had to hear it from someone else? She's been with us our whole lives. She's our sister. She even looks and acts like us!" I looked at them. " Phyllis has blonde hair and hazel eyes. Couldn't you tell she was adopted?" I asked them. "Na, we thought she had a skin disease and the doctors couldn't treat it." I looked at my oldest son dumbfounded. "Just like Micheal Jackson. He's still black but looks white!" I shook my head. They my boys but damn they dumb as hell. "Dad...does Phyllis know?" I shook my head. "No. She doesn't know." Jon and Mic to look dumbfounded. "Dad!" Mic said. "How could she NOT know?" Jon asked. "Lisa didn't want Phyllis to know." "Why?" both of my sons asked. They are really overprotective of this girl. "Knowing your sister, she'd try to find her real parents and Lisa didn't want that." I walked out of the kitchen and headed up to my room. There's more to this story but it's not my place to tell.