Chapter Six

Silver finally stopped feeling guilty about Espio after their little talk in the healing bath, but once he returned to school the next day, it came back. The students weren't pleased at all with Silver. After Silvia left, Spike and his gang were upset that their plan had failed. He had convinced the thrower that it wasn't his fault he hit Silver, if Silver hadn't been sitting there he wouldn't have fallen off and if he hadn't fallen off Espio wouldn't have gotten hurt. That was another thing the students were upset with. Even though Espio jumped willingly after Silver, they blamed him for their hero getting hurt. Spike and his friends started a rumor that Espio had broken his leg, and the students believed it when Espio showed up with unnecessary bandages wrapped around his leg. Angel insisted it once he found that the healing bath didn't heal him, not like it was doing much to help. And finally, the students were pissed that they could no longer play Basketball which Spike didn't need help to blame Silver on that, he was already blamed.

When Silver arrived at school, he was as happy as can be. He greeted everyone like he normally did but when he saw the death glares he was getting, he became self-conscious. They gathered around him, trapping him in the middle of the crowd.

Thrower: Oh look, it's him.

Girl: The helpless hedgehog who always has Silvia do everything for him cause he thinks he is so special!

Student: Do you not like us having fun Silver?

They started shoving him.

Silvia: I don't have my mom do everything! I pleaded with her to allow it but she said no!

Thrower: Yeah right Silver!

Girl: You're just jealous huh? You're jealous that we can fight and you can't! That's why you asked her to get rid of Basketball! So we all had to suffer not fighting, right!

A harsh shove into another student.

Silver: Oof- no! I swear! I didn't ask her to get rid of it!

Student: Why would we believe you?

Thrower: You do nothing but mess stuff up Silver!

Girl: Look what you did to Espio!

Shove to the ground.

Student: You broke his leg! He can't run because of you!

A kick to the side.

Silver: His leg isn't broken! He just pulled a muscle!

Thrower: Yeah right!

Girl: He still got hurt because of you!

Student: It's all your fault, you runt!

Another kick.

Thrower: You really are the runt of us!

Silver: Please stop!

Girl: You really are good for nothing!

Student: All you do is cause trouble for everyone! Even people who try to help you!

Spike: Maybe it would have been better if Espio never saved your ass. You're better off dead!

Silver cried out as he punched him in the gut. Spike laughed and dropped him onto the floor, where the other kids joined in the laughter. They laughed for minutes until someone alerted them that Espio was coming. They hastily broke apart and ran after to greet Espio. Spike took the opportunity and snatched Silver from off the ground, and took him to their usual place behind the school wall to beat him up.

Espio arrived to the school with the help of the guards, only to be flooded with students. They circled around him and asked if he was hurt. His fan-girls surrounded him and tried to massage his shoulders before he snapped at everyone.