Chapter 14: Personal

The two had the best time at the café where a really underrated band performed the new song that they got a chance to make into an official album. Ben greeted them after the show because he couldn't resist, after which Robin greeted them and appreciated their talents. The two were careful to sneak out without anyone seeing them together as they knew the consequences that would be waiting for them at the end of their escape from reality. Amsterdam provided it for them in the most beautiful way possible.

They started to walk up a hill that was a roadway into town which faced the city in the final hour that they could spend in the city before they had to reach the airport in order to catch their flight to the next stop at London. "Oh wait!" Ben stopped Robin by touching her arm. "I forgot to ask you about your book!"

"And I forgot to ask you about The Forgiver!" She put her hand over her mouth as instincts took over.

"Shall we start then?"

"We shall," she replied and they continued walking. "You go first now," she pointed to him before stuffing her hand deep into the pockets of her hoodie.

"Alright." It was only fair that he went first that time. "What happened to Caleb at the mansion?" In the middle of the book, the character of Caleb enters an abandoned mansion where he passes out. When he wakes up, he forgets what happened or why he entered there. He simply gets into his car after eating at the local diner and drives back to the city and continues to investigate the case that he was working on.

"I can only answer questions related to the first book to prevent spoilers." She pouted her lower lip out to show her disappointment because she did want to answer his question. She had been waiting to tell the new idea to someone but she couldn't spoil it for anyone either. If the sequel had to work, she had to stay silent.

He groaned in agony because he had so many theories about what could have happened. "Fine," he gave in. "Is Sophie based off of you?" He asked, scratching his eyebrow because of the cold.

"Yes and no." She turned her head to the left and saw the sun setting down. "Sophie is like me when it comes to behaviour and habits. But she is her own self. Her favourite colour is white but mine is blue. So there are subtle differences" she explained. "My characters are my babies and I wouldn't have it any other way."

"I get it," he nodded. "And what was it like when you first published the book?"

She took a deep breath, remembering exactly what happened the day Paige had told her that her books were skyrocketing in sales. "I was scared. In fact, I still am. I don't know how people are taking it and-"

"The movie is being planned."

She smirked. "I don't know anything about that."

"Come on." He tilted his head to the right. "I'm sure you know something about it." He needed to know if he could help her in any way. He was definitely going to audition for Caleb if things went well....when they went well. He was going to support the movie for sure.

"I really don't." She stopped playing with that fact and fell to the truth. "Paige wants me to meet the potential directors and scriptwriters before anything is finalised. And me being my awkward self, I don't know if anyone would be interested in the movie because I would want it to be a series, you know? It makes sense if it was a TV show, but I have no idea how that would work either."

He nodded, feeling the same way. A TV show would work better with the plot of the story and now that Robin was writing a sequel, the show would work phenomenally. "Either way, keep me in the loop."

"I will. Except...." She stopped walking and turned to face him. "God, I hate to do this." She stamped her right foot to the ground. "We don't know each other very well." She looked up at him and spoke the brutal honest truth. "And although this has been great, why do I have a feeling that we should face reality?"