♀the girl who pondered

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
_____________________

"𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

"𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞."
_____________________

Sat beside me, Hermione reads the paper in a deep concentration. She keeps, for the most part, to herself. Ron's just finished what could very well be his seventh plate of breakfast, I'd stopped counting after four, and moves to begin his eighth. Harry's just gotten back from the hospital wing. His arm in a sling, the result of his latest endeavour.

Now that peace has been restored between the two boys, bring back our group dynamic, it's a day alike any other.

The Patil twins make their way through the hall, something I notice courtesy of my habit of people watching during breakfast. The two of them have their eyes pinned on something and my curiosity and confusion grow when I deem it to be Harry.

The closer they grow the gigglier they get and when they finally pass our table they regain their composure and say, "Hi, Harry."

Their beaming smiles and giddy expressions catch me off guard and I turn my attention to Harry himself awaiting his reaction. He waves albeit half heartedly whilst sipping from his goblet.

I shake my head at him, flabbergasted by the sheer oblivion of the boy sat across from me.

Well no wonder it took us three years for the two of us to get together.

"Hey, Harry," Ron says, barely audible due to the fullness of his mouth. "Cho's checking you out."

Both Harry and myself follow Ron's gaze to the Ravenclaw table where, sure enough, Cho Chang is in fact looking at Harry rather admiringly. She's got all the telltale signs of a girl who's crushing; the flustered face when met with the gaze of the three of us, the shy smile, and the panicked silencing of her friends who evidently tease her from behind her back.

I crane my neck to see Harry smile back at her, seemingly forgetting about the pumpkin juice in his mouth which dribbles out quite disgustingly.

Charming.

Ever since he'd won the first task, Harry Potter's name has just about been scribbled onto ever girl's notebook encircled by a heart. Both he and Cedric are the talk of the school, they've got more than a few admirers. I know I shouldn't be bothered but I can't help but to feel irritated at the newfound female attention. Maybe it's the fact that he doesn't even realize it that makes me annoyed, or maybe it's the fact that I feel as though now I have competition.