Chapter 35

Childhood Friends

CLARK

Years ago i met winter at the river. Umiiyak ako at nawawala kaya't tinulungan ako nito at binigay sakin ang panyonh ginawa pa niya kasama si aunt liyah.

"Men's shouldn't be crying, right?" She asked.

"Anong nangyari sayo?"

"Anong pangalan mo?"

"Bakit ka nandito?"

Sunod sunod nitong tanong na kina gimbal ko. I was so shock of her cheerfulness back then, nagulat din ako dahil napaka-daldal niya.

"Bingi kaba?" She innocently asked.

Umiling ako kaya't napakunot to at napanguso. She was messing with me to make me feel comfortable and she was so cute doing it.

"Sabi ng aunt liyah ko, kung madilim man ang mundo humanap ka ng liwanag mo, wag mong hayaang lamunin ka nito."

As i child i didn't knew what she meant by those words. Ni hindi ko nga maintindihan ang mga sinabi nito noon dahil para siyang matanda kong magsalita. She was so matured at the age of 9 and even aunt aaliyah was so proud of her.

But as time pass by, i understood what she meant. Sa araw araw nitong paglapit sa akin at pangungulit naunawaan ko ang gusto nitong sabihin.

And one day we met lexy at the same river on where we met. Sumisigaw sigaw ito at mukhang hinahabol ng kung ano. Lumapit kami ni winter sa kaniya at nakita ang kawawang aso na sinisigawan nito.

"ALIS!!HINDI AKO MASARAP WAG MOKO KAININ!" She yelled in fear.

"Shoo!" Pagtaboy ni winter sa aso tsaka hinila si lexy palapit sa amin. Mukhang nagulat ito at tiningnan lang kaming dalawa.

"Dogs bark, they don't eat people. But they bite."

Winter's words made lexy horrified.

And on that day..the god's decided to make us stay with each other. We became friends. Bestfriends. Since the age of 9 up until now.

Winter saved me and lexy from our horrible lives. Dahil sa kaniya nagka-kulay ang buhay naming dalawa kaya't nangako kaming kami naman ang proprotekta sa kaniya, kami naman ang magsisilbi sa kaniya. At nangyari nga, sumabay kami sa plano nila at heto kami ngayon.

And i clearly remember the day we lost lexy.

I was devastated. I couldn't eat for days, i couldn't sleep. Then winter came back she was secretly seeing me and we loathe Ms. Reyes for killing lexy. Nagluksa kami ng patago at laging binibisita ang puntod ni lexy. And That's when winter told Lianna to Bring Blake to the Academy, lexy's Brother.

Para naman mabantayan namin ito. Kasi siya nalang ang natitirang pamilya ni lexy at kapag nawala pa siya ano nalang ang sasabihin ni lexy sa amin.

And now..seeing her break down like this infront of me hurts me more. Naiintindihan ko ang panig nina ace kaso hindi ko padin mapigilang hindi mag-alala sa babaeng nasa bisig ko ngayon.

We protected her from all the attacks and deaths she may come with. Kaso hindi namin siya naprotektahan sa gantong sakit. This time she wasn't physically hurt but emotionally. And unlike wounds, it can't be healed easily.

"Clark..ayoko lang na may sumunod pa kay lexy. Ayokong may mawala uli sa kanila kaya mas pinili ko silang lumayo nalang sa akin." She sobbed.

"Did i made the wrong choice?"

Yinakap ko ito ng mas mahigpit at hinayaan siyang umiyak ng umiyak. She was feeling pressured. Ang dami ng nangyayari sa buhay niya tas dumagdag pa toh. All these years she lived with lies and betrayals.

And Im so proud of her. Dahil hanggang ngayon nandito siya at lumalaban.

"Winter..everybody makes mistakes. But yours is different. Ginawa mo toh para sa kanila kaya so don't sulk it all up, they will understand. They just need time."

"What if..they don't?"

"You don't overthink, you don't hurt like this, you are a game changer, right? Put yourself together winter. Don't let the pain we have suffered go to waste and stop thinking about negativity." Linayo ko ito at hinawakan ang magkabilang balikat nito. Looking at her in the eye giving her the strength and will to continue.

"We've come this far winter..It's time to finish it."

She sniffed pulling me in a hug once again. For lexy winter..please gather your strength up and finish your game. Finish it winter, and make lexy proud. Make everyone shock. Make every bit of our pains worth it winter. I know you can do it.

I carried her then went to her dorm.

I trust you winter. We do.

ACE

The moment i stepped in my room I slammed the door behind me, and the darkness consumed me.

Why is everything so difficult now winter? Why did you lied to us? Why do you need to be so selfless? Bat hindi mo manlang inisip ang mga mararamdaman namin. Lianna clearly said your part but..

That's absurb.

That moment right there earlier i wanna stay..i wanna hug you like how i used to before, i wanna turn around and tell you that It's fine that everything will be fine. But. I don't think Im stable enough to talk to you.

I don't wanna yell at you again like earlier. Im afraid of the words that'll leave my mouth. Ayokong masaktan ka sa mga hinanakit ko winter. Kaya mas mabuti sigurong hayaan muna kita sa ngayon. We need to cool down.

"Ace?"

I didn't respond. Nakaupo nako ngayon sa mismong pintuan ko at taimtim na nakatingin sa balkonahe ko. The wind is cold. And the night is long.

"Winter..is such a brave women." Dane spoked again.

I know dane. She is beyond brave, She's more than that.

"She could do such things in order to save us. Para hindi na tayo madamay pa sa mga nangyayari sa buhay niya. But on the other hand it feels like she's telling us that we shouldn't be interfering with her business, that she doesn't need us. And we are all thinking the same right?"

Dane said it clearly. The words I was looking for were the once he stated. As if she doesn't trust us on her side. She kept it all for herself. Even though her reason was to keep us safe, it doesn't sound right to us.

Hindi na kami mga bata para maprotektahan. We had went through things worst than what she was dealing with.

"Alam kong masakit dahil nagsinungaling siya sa atin at nagtago, but for now what we need to do is support her from whatever that might be. I know that's what you wanted to happen ace, kaya kakausapin natin siya bukas to reveal everything ok? Are we clear?"