Someone To Help Me

As I closed the door I couldn't help,but be frightened for me and chip. My father had a lot of connections and he knew a lot of people. Thinking of this scared me more. 'How will we survive when we are always in danger' I thought to myself.

My thoughts were interupted when I heard footsteps. I looked up to see the older woman from earlier. She didn't look as old as I thought she was. She had grey hair with some white streaks. She had bright blue eyes. They were a very unique shade of blue. She wore a long night gown and fluffy blue slippers.

"Well, there you are. I was waiting for you, for a minute I thought that you ran away" she laughed.

"No that would be very rude and besides I was really serious" I said smiling.

"Ok well you said you don't have anywhere to go,so you can stay here for as long as you like." she said to me. I smiled at her.

" Oh I almost forgot, this is Chip. Can he also stay with me? I promise I'll clean up after him and feed him." I said to her. She smiled to me and Chip.

"Of course he can stay with you. I love dogs." she said to me. I smiled at the lady.

"My name is Rachel by the way and What is your name ma'am?" I asked.

She smiled and said," My name is Allison Henderson. Come I'll show you to your room." I followed her up the steps and stopped at a door when she opened it.

"You can stay in here and don't worry about getting a job. I own a diner so you can work there." she said as she smiled. I started to cry. I hugged her she almost fell,but caught herself and laughed. She pat my head and said," But you can't stay out after 12:00. Promise me you won't." she said to me. I wanted to ask and I decided I would.

" Why can't I stay out at past 12?" I asked.

She looked a little surprised but it wiped off her face.

" A lot of people have been gone missing and the police don't know why. So when your done working I want you to come home quickly and don't talk to anyone." she said. I nodded my head.

"Now get some sleep and we will get you started at work tomorrow. I'll also buy food for chip tomorrow. Goodnight Dear." she said leaving me alone with chip. I smiled and went into my room.

It was a plain room with white walls and a large walk in closet. There was a king size bed in the middle of the room with a large white cover and extra blankets.

I walked over to the bed and took the extra blankets. I put chip on the extra blankets and laid him on the floor and cover him up so he won't be cold. I turned out the lights and took off my hoodie and my pants and laid under the covers. As I drifted off to sleep I thought about what could possibly be out there taking people. Then I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Next Chapter Rachel will get the answer to her question.