Chapter 29: Mother's New Friend (Pt 1)

Vylad and Ashter are seen in his Brewing Room as Vylad stands there, witnessing.

"Okay, Vylad. Since the Café, I work at was low on supplies, I had a day off." Ashter said as Vylad chuckled.

"Yeah. I feel you..." Vylad said as Ashter sighs, mumbling.

("This is why I don't have any roommates...") Ashter said as Vylad questions what he said.

"Uh, Ashter, you said something?" Vylad said as Ashter sighed.

"Anyway... For beginners, the first potion you should make should be this one, a Healing Potion, the most basic one any person can make." Ashter said as Vylad was a bit confused.

"But... I'm not a witch of a wizard." He says as Ashter scoffs.

"Sure you'd need the wizard or witch to perform these things but I was certified by the PDU with a certificate and license for witchcraft due to my family being descendants of witches and wizards," Ashter says as Vylad nods.

"You are a descendent of a witch or a wizard?" Vylad said as Ashter grabs ingredients for the potion.

"My mom is a human but retained the blood of my wizard grandfather. Technically she is also a witch... But I never really seen my mom." Ashter says as Vylad frowned a bit.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know," Vylad said as Ashter sighs.

"Well... Let's get to this potion." He says as Ashter allows Vylad to take control.

"First is to light the fire," Ashter said as fire appears in his hand, alarming Vylad.

"W-Whoa! You can summon fire in your hand!?!" Vylad said as Ashter chuckled, putting his hand under the cauldron as the wood underneath it ignites.

"This is why I coated the floor with another potion. It resists even the hottest fire." Ashter said as Vylad was amazed.

"That's amazing! Can I manage to do that?" Vylad said as Ashter laughs.

"No... Not really. But basic magic for any human is Healing Magic. But it does take energy from you to do so." Ashter says as Vylad nods.

"So... What's the first ingredient?" Vylad said as Ashter points to a herb.

"That's a very special herb. It allows the potion to process it's healing properties. Place it in the water." Ashter said as Vylad grabs the dry herb, putting it in the water as it dissolved in the brew.

"Perfect, now a cup of water minted with a special liquid from a 'Golden Mellon'. It's a juice extracted from this very popular food.", Ashter says as he grabs the cup, pouring it in as the brew became a more red color.

"Last is a Star Fruit for taste," Ashter says as Vylad grabs the fruit he points at.

"Where do you even find these?" Vylad said as Ashter points at his window, looking out, there is a greenhouse with transparent clothing that shows pots filled with stems of pointed leaves and sticks. Some are different as Vylad sees one of those Star Fruits on them.

"I have plenty more in my backyard..." Ashter said as Vylad complemented Ashter.

"Wow! Ashter, you must be a very experienced potion maker!" He says as Ashter shrugged.

"I did study them in High School... With... My other classmates..." Ashter says as Vylad then was a bit surprised as his phone rings in his pocket.

"Oh, uh... Sorry Ashter, I need to take this call. I'll be right back." Vylad said, leaving the room as he closes the door. Ashter sighed as he looked at the potion.