Memories

"Karl, I have to tell you the truth about Alex," Dream earnestly spoke to me.

My body felt out of it and my world began spinning before my vision faded and I lost consciousness. I heard my name being called and the door being opened, somebody was shaking me but my body wouldn't wake up.

My eyes opened and my body was sore, it felt empty wherever I was. Kinda like home, I hated it more than before comparing it to my new life. Instead this time I couldn't see anything, pure blackness everywhere and anywhere. All alone again until I heard it, somebody's voice calling out to me and crying. This voice sounded familiar but I couldn't figure out who.

"Karl! Please don't leave me! I'm sorry for everything I did! I shouldn't have ever hurt you as I did!" The voice called out again and I felt uneasy. So familiar but I couldn't figure it out. It bothered me so much, then I heard it.

Beep, beep, beep

What is that noise? Am I in an alter reality?

Beep, beep

Make it stop the sound is annoying me!

Beep

Please...

Beeeeeep

I jolted from my slumber my eyes half opening, I looked around and realized I was in a hospital bed. It was noon and the sun was going down, I was strapped with IVs throughout my arms. My heart thermometer was going crazy, it felt like I ran a couple of hundred miles. My hair felt greasy and my palms were sweaty and shaking.

Despite being awake I still felt alone and I don't remember anything before I passed out. If I think too hard about it my uneasy feeling comes back.

My mother rushed in a few minutes later and held me tight, she was crying from the thought of losing a loved one especially her son. I patted and rubbed her back as she cried out to me. The doctor came in and said that a boy found me like this in the locker room at school.

The doctor was unable to find any symptoms for bc what I had but discharged me to go home. He gave me a doctor's note and said I should stay home for the rest of the week. And hopefully, I'll recover.

My mom took care of me similar or when I'd have a cold. She made soups for me as well as my favorite foods. Sometimes even giving me feel better gifts. Nobody from school came to visit me, unfortunately.

I still wonder what triggered those memories and where did they come from?