Good Bye

Beep, beep, beep. "Ugh" I groan as I aimlessly smack my hand around trying to turn my alarm off. "Good morning Raven." I opened my eyes to see James making his way to my bedside table to turn my alarm off. "Good morning." I replied while stretching and smiling. "You know what?" I asked James as he was about to leave but retreated and sat on the edge off my bed. "What?" He asked curiously. "I haven't smiled a real smile since... well I don't really remember."  I replied while raiding my brain for the last time I smiled. "Well to make this day even better, why don't you get ready for school then we can go out somewhere so you can avoid mothers wrath." He replies with a gleam of hope in his eyes. Yes, Yes, Yes. Natalie yelled in my head. Okay,Okay. I replied to her. "I like, give me 10 minutes." I replied grinning like a maniac while tossing my blanket off of me. "10 minutes? I thought girls took forever to get ready." He asked. "Well I'm not like other girls." I reply. "Now go so I can change." I said pushing him out the door. "Oh and don't have breakfast. We're eating out, my treat." He said over his shoulder.

I really like him, I popped on a black tank top under a dark blue hoodie with baby blue skinny jeans. I put on light mascara and eye shadow, Natalie had been really quiet lately I wonder why? I realised that the affections I had for Vincent were those of how you would feel for a brother, Do you know how old Vincent is? Natalie asked coming out of her silent fast. 18. But he is like an older brother. I wonder when we get to find our mate. I replied. Yeah. And with that she was gone again. I tip toed to James' room to tell him that I was ready. Once there I heard two voices arguing one of which belonged to James and the other which I recognised as Vincent's, as I approached the door it was halfway open revealing the two men. "What is Vincent doing here?" I asked myself. Vincent's a werewolf too, but he is a soon to be Alpha meaning a leader and James is Beta. Make sure you bow your head when you approach him, it means you respect him. Natalie said seriously, so my two brothers are like leaders. I smiled at that thought. I hid myself out of sight but in a position where I could see them. 

Vincent: You have to James, you can't ignore it.    

James: Yes I can, and I must because when I leave mum will take that as an opportunity to beat the crap out of her.

Vincent: Look while your gone I'll watch her, she's like a little sister to me and I know that's how she looks at me.

James: You didn't see her injuries they are heart clenching, she has cuts and bruises on her shoulders and back and also some cigarette burns burns on her back.

Vincent: How do you know?

James: After she went to sleep I went back to her room and saw the wounds on her back, but for a young woman like her being badly assaulted she is strong and has a kind heart.

Vincent: You're right, so why don't we get her enrolled into a college at Black Forest in California. And since the school is in both territories and that the Alpha's son is my best friend they wouldn't mind us bringing our sister to both the territories. Plus that is something she dreams of doing, she dreams of going to a college where there is a forest surrounding it.

James: How do you know that, that's her dream place?

Vincent: I read her stories and they are all based around a forest one way or another. 

I snapped out of my trance and walked in saying "Hey guys." They turn around shocked. I bow my head in Vincents direction and poke my tongue out at James. Vincent was smirking that I bowed in front of him. "I wouldn't get used to it." I said to Vincent obviously sounding rude, Vincent looked like someone just stabbed him. "How long have you been there and how much did you hear?" James said grabbing Vincent's and I's attention. "Just from the part where Vincent said something along the lines of not ignoring it." I said shrugging my shoulders. "I'm guessing Beta duties." I muttered. "What, How?" Vincent and James said in unison. I chuckled at their horrified faces. "You guys are hilarious." I say still laughing. Stop laughing you idiot. Natalie said, I could tell she was laughing at the back of my mind. It is funny though and you're laughing too. I replied, I stopped laughing abruptly after looking at Vincent's and James's angry faces.

"What?" I asked, now terrified. "You do know that it is rude to eavesdrop!?!?" James yelled loud enough for me and Vincent to hear. A whimper escaped my lips but I knew it wasn't mine, I noticed Natalie had take over. "I am so sorry Alpha, I told Raven to behave herself." Natalie pleaded, whimpering. "Is this some kind of joke!?!?" Vincent said using his Alpha voice, I heard Natalie whimper again. That's it. I pull Natalie back and take over my body again, "No one has the right to-" I was cut off by my mothers voice thundering through the house. "Raven, where is my breakfast, you worthless bitch!!!!" My mother yelled. I want to rip her throat out. Natalie said angry, the boys must of noticed something off since they were backing away. Natalie explained They're backing away because when the wolf is angry or is about to surface the persons eyes turn darker, yours change from light brown to pitch black. That explains a lot.

"Why don't you shove it up your ass." I muttered as I started to walk out of the room. "I heard that!! Why the hell are you in James's room?" She said, making me cringe I could feel Natalie trying to surface. "I guess my breakfast is cancelled." I said to James as I sprinted out of his room to the kitchen. I made her bacon and egg with ginger tea. I headed to the family bedroom to give her, her breakfast. As soon as I entered the room I made contact with a fist on my collarbone, I dropped the tray only to see Vincent catch the tray and me as I fell into darkness.

Vincents POV

I watched in awe at how fast Raven can cook, she was humming to 'A Place In This World' by Taylor Swift. I can't believe she is a werewolf like us. "She's a tough one isn't she?" I jumped as I heard James's voice. "Y-Yeah. I feel really sorry for her and now she is late for breakfast. What do you think she will do to her?" I asked James. "Well if mother hits her again then we will leave with her. I will apply for her custody, with Raven's consent and mother's signature I will gain her custody. I know your probably thinking how I will get mother's signature? Well you see mother trusts me completely and she'll sign anything without reading the papers." James stated proudly.

We followed Raven to a room which I assumed to be Mary's room. Just as Raven stepped into the room a fist collided with her collarbone, James and I rushed to catch her as she started to faint. James snatched the tray of food from me and threw the tray at Mary. "DO NOT touch her ever again, do you understand?!?!" James yelled, I could tell that his wolf was trying to surface. James' mother whimpered at his tone and backed away Well good, we are not letting her stay with her anymore. My wolf Aalot said. My thoughts exactly. I said to him.  I picked Raven up and took her out to my car. "What's in the suitcase?" I ask as James walked out.

"Just some clothes and guess what? Raven has weapons." James replied, I stared at him in disbelief. "But how can a 16 year old buy weapons? And why?" I asked. "I don't know but we're taking them with us." James said getting serious. I mind linked Alpha Dalton. Alpha Dalton are you there? I asked politely. Yes. He replied. I have my Beta's step sister and she has been beaten by her step-mother from the age of 13, I want to enroll her at Forest High with us. Please she is like my little sister. I pleaded to my dad's best friend. Yes. Is your dad OK with this? He asked. That's the point, can you convince him, pleasssee?. I begged. Oh fine, have a good day son and save travels. He wished me. Thank you soo much Dalton. I answered. "James she is allowed to stay at Black Forest with us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI hope you guys like my book, this is my first book so no hates please. Anyway James's car is in the picture.