𝟘𝟜

Delilah was furious.

We had decided to sit outside today, the weather wasn't too cold and frankly, the cafeteria was getting really stuffy. Nick and Alex were inside buying their lunches and I had already bought some chicken nuggets for myself.

As of this moment, Delilah was stomping over to the table, steam practically sprouting out of her ears and furrowed brows paired with thinned lips. She reached the table and slammed her books down before crossing her arms.

"What'd Alex do this time?" I raise a brow.

"What did you get on the Calc quiz?"

A small frown plays at my lips as I remember the grade. "B minus, I think."

She huffs, "I got an F! F, Lizzy! My parents are gonna kill me," she groans and slumps down on the bench.

"Well look on the bright side," I shrug. "No Calc tests in the after-life."

"Ha-Ha," she deadpans with a small glare. She then proceeds to bang her head on the table. Once. Twice. Before she can do it a third time Alex, appearing from literal thin air, slips a hand over the area she was going to bang her head on again.

"What did I do this time?" He asks, wary, and pulls his hand away when she looks up.

"It wasn't you," she grumbles. "It was math. Stupid fucking math."

A bag of chips gets thrown down beside me and Nick appears from my peripheral vision, "I have that same problem."

"How much did you get?" Delilah asks him. After the first day we had joined him to sit with us, it seemed Alex and Lilah liked him well enough to keep him. So that's what they did. It's been about a week and a half and I've realized he's not that bad. He shared his chips with me. It's the only reason I tolerate him.

He shrugs, "C minus."

"Alex, kill me." She glares at each of us. "How are you all good at math?"

I pop a chicken nugget into my mouth and mumble, "tears. Lots of tears."

"I cried too!" She says exasperatedly. Then she snatches a fry off of Alex's tray.

"I told you I'd tutor you," Alex sighs and nudges the tray in between them as she goes to take more.

"I know but I'm not desperate," she rolls her eyes. "Besides you have football and crap."

"Soccer," he amends.

"No. We are not starting this argument again. It's football."

He raises his hand mimicking surrender, "Ok. Whatever you want. Anyway, you know I'll always make time for you."

I nudge Nick's side as they continue bickering, "you see it too right?"

He glances at them, then turns to me with amused eyes. "I'm not blind."

"Well, they are," I snort. "Can I have one?" I eyed the chips in his hand.

"Give me your number for it?"

"How about a kiss instead," I mock.

His grin is wide and teasing. "Even better."

I shove his shoulder. He winks and dumps a few chips onto my tray.

"Ow!" Alex suddenly says from the opposite side and Nick and I move our attention to them. "Lilah! Stop!" She continues hitting his shoulder with her notebook as he backs away furiously trying to get away from her.

"Then you stop being annoying!" She huffs with one last smack and shuffles back to her seat with an annoyed furrow in her brows.

"Can I hit him now?" I raise my hand like were in class.