Chapter XII: A Bitter Decision

AN: Before we get started, I want to give my special thanks to all my readers that have been helping me constructing this chapter, especially to @Rizkyputrar and @Kamerad_Kazuya for contributing their wonderful ideas. But unfortunately, after a few solid deliberations, the number 1 option from the conversation section, is changed. I'm sorry about the sudden change, but I hope you would like this one.

May 22nd 20XX, Merdeka Palace.

A TV is on, as it shows those who watch it very interesting news. Those who watch the news were none other than the President and some of his cabinet ministers, also the Palace Staff that is watching the news from the many corners of the palace. The President looks with glee as he watches the news, he unconsciously smirked as he saw the news.

"The Shocking Secret of Indonesia" The story was titled, but it gave no offense to the President or his cabinet. In fact, everyone smiled. It was something that they have hoped for, as for the past few weeks, Indonesia has been pressed by the USA of owning nuclear weapons. The USA accused Indonesia of owning nuclear weapons through satellite images of Gajah Mada Military Base, assuming that the newly constructed fortress was built by the base of massive storage for the inexistent nuclear weapons. But what secret that so shocking, but at the same time destroy the accusation of owning nuclear weapons? It was none other than GATE.

At the UN Headquarters in New York, Indonesia denies and destroyed the accusation given by the USA by revealing the existence of the ancient GATE, and that the fortress was built in purpose to protect and defend the GATE from both external and internal threats. This, of course, destroyed the accusation, but at the same time raises questions that will need to be answered. But at least, Indonesia can rest as the world's "Liberator" is stopped in its tracks.

The President retreated to his office, as he reaches for his medication. He swallowed some pills, as he drenches them with water. His attention went back to the television on the corner, but then his 15-year old granddaughter barges into the room.

"Grandfather!" Said the granddaughter.

The President turns his gaze towards his granddaughter, as he smiles gently and warmly, the same smile he gave to Citra's little brother.

"Yes, Citra. Why are you so jumpy? What's the matter?" Asked the President.

"What do you mean 'what's the matter'? The news! Is it true that we have our own GATE here?!" Asked Citra with full of hope and excitement.

Citra is the daughter of the President's eldest son, she is very doted on by the President. Despite being ill-doted by her grandfather, she is a very down-to-earth person. Much like her parents and her grandparents, she is very Indonesian. Her love for the various culture of Indonesia is very rare, as the other generation is poised by Globalization. She aspires to be like her grandfather, who is responsible for the well being of the people. She's also quite childish for children of her age, but she can be mature when she wanted to.

Realizing how excited she is, means that she is looking forward to it.

"Yes, it's true my dear. The GATE is real, and we have one of our own." Said the President.

Hearing her grandfather's response, Citra jumps happily as she holds her high pitch scream of joy as hard as she can. She dreamed to see the other world by the time the GATE in Ginza became known worldwide.

"Grandfather, did we encounter magical creatures from there? What are they? Are there any elves?" Said Citra as she throws out questions over questions due to her being overly enthusiastic.

"Calm down, Citra." Said the President as he attempted to calm his granddaughter down.

"I-i'm sorry, grandfather." Said Citra embarrassed by her action.