Chapter 5

Kwon Soonyoung

"Mister Kwon, and Miss Kang. You'll be in one group."

That's how me and my first love met. I met her when we're in seventh grade. I loved her since then why? She's not just kind or pretty she's much more. Plus our parents are business partners. Ever since we became close. She introduced me Shen, when we're at eighth grade and since then we became a trio. An inseparable trio.

Biggest regret I did? I never told her how I feel. Why? Simple, I don't want her to feel different from me. I don't want her to part away from me. So I just let everything on the same place without knowing that anytime she can fall in love with another guy.

"Your still not gonna tell her?" Shen asked, we're at Y/N's cabin to hang out and I also let Jun join us. "No." I said looking at Y/N and Jun walking side by side with the same pace and speed. "What if that Jun Hui guy will feel in love with Y/N? What will you do?" I was started with her question, I don't know how to answer. So I just remained quite.

"Soonyoung, just tell her. It's ok if you'll take risk. She's your first love after all."
"You know I can't Shen, I can't give up the friendship we have. I can't loose her."
"And just because your keeping the friendship doesn't mean you'll still be close with her. Soonyoung, remember Y/N's also a girl. She can fall in love anytime." She said I looked at her. "What if? She's also waiting for you? Are you still going to wait? Or what if, she'd fall in love with Jun Hui. Are you  or will you stand watching them be happy? While you? Stuck in such a burden and regret? I'm telling you right now Soonyoung, tell Y/N before it gets too late." She said and finally they're infront of us, I looked at Y/N she's kinda blushing.

She's not blushing infront or beside other man, we met different man a day since we're in seventh grade but she never blushed. My heart skipped a beat. 'What if Shen's right? Should I just give up Y/N and give way? Or should I tell her now?' I asked myself. 'She won't Soonyoung, she won't. Don't overthink.' I reminded myself.

A couple of weeks later Shen, Jun Hui, Y/N and I are always hanging together at Y/N's coffee shop. And you can see the closeness of Y/N and Jun. When they'll laugh together Shen's always looking at me seems like finding out what's my reaction but every time our eyes meet I always smile at her telling her that I'm fine.
It's so heart breaking looking at the girl you once laughed with is laughing with other guy and what hurts the most? My first love that supposed to be my girl is already happy with my best of the friends.

"Soonyoung?" Shen started as I sat at the chair infront of her. "I know it's weird but..." She held my hand and I was startled she never touched my hand even once. "Soonyoung, I like you." She said sincerely "W-what?" I asked her shocked, I never saw her being sincere she's always funny, loud, and bubbly. "I said I like you. Can... Can I have a place in your heart?" Again I'm shocked. "S-shen... I... I'm sorry..." I said almost whispering and put my head low.

"You still love Y/N..." She said sadly. "Your too late Soonyoung..." She said that made me look at her. "Wha-what do you mean?"
"Y/N already fell in love with Jun Hui. She told me, no she confessed me everything yesterday. The spark in her eyes... You'll never see her eyes shine like that, you'll never see her squill and scream when she's flattered, you'll never see her smile everytime she's saying Jun Hui's name. Your too late Soonyoung. Too late." She said, as she talked how much happy Y/N meeting Jun Hui is my heart seems like breaking into small pieces. She's right, I should've told her since then. It's too late to regret, it's too late for everything.

A month later, Jun Hui also told me he's in love with Y/N and since the last time Shen and I talked that's the last time we meet. I told Jun that I'll help her with Y/N and I did really. That night we went in the restaurant, Y/N arrived and hugged me first. I hugged her as tight as I could because it's the last night she'll be my best childhood friend. It's the last night I can hug my first love and call her mine. 'Be happy for he Soonyoung, be happy because finally she'll be happy but not with you.' I told myself. "Hi, Y/N" I said looking at her with a teary eye. "Why are your eyes teary?" She asked, "Nahh, it's not haha" I replied and faked a laugh. We introduced her to our group, she sat between me and Jun Hui. And as expected, Jun called Y/N out to tell her how he really feels.

Pain... It's painful... It's damn painful... As they take the same steps walking away from us, my hearts still breaking. I can't... I can't let her go. Should I tell her now? I don't want to hurt her nor Jun. As I saw them finally out my tears dropped, Y/N... Please tell me I'm just dreaming, please tell me this is not real. I wanna wake up already, please Y/N. But no matter how much I call her out in my mind she just really won't comeback. Plus the fact that any moment now Jun already told her how he really felt towards her, and I'm sure Y/N also felt the same way. "Can I go already?" I asked the others who's busy talking with each other. "What? Why?" They asked, "Ahmm, I felt tired and I'm feeling well." I lied.

"Ahhw, so sad you won't know if Jun's got redjected buy your best friend." And that it hits me again. Right my best friend. "Nahh, hahaha I'm sure she won't do it." I said and waved them a good bye. As I exit the restaurant I saw Y/N and Jun hugging each other. That should be me... That should be me feeling her hugs. That should be me who's gonna make her laugh. But I never had the chance to tell her how I really felt. As I walk away, I'm tears are slowly falling down and created a stream in my face. They've been doing well, and until one day... They're already fiancés.

"Do you, Wen Jun Hui take Y/N as your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Do you, Kang Y/N take Jun Hui as your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"And in the power bested in me, I now pronounce you as husband and wife."

I always dreamt of Y/N walking at the aisle with her parents at her side, and today is the day. I saw her walk at the aisle, I saw how all of the attentions in her as she walks gracefully in the aisle but it's not me who's waiting for her. It's not me who's gonna ask her hand to her parents. It's not me who's gonna put the ring as a symbol of our marriage. It's not me. It's too late to regret, it's to late for me to have a chance. In her eyes I'm her one and only best friend.

In silence I watch my first love saying 'I do' with his man, which ment to be my best friend.

-----------
ANN

I KNOW HOSHI DOESN'T DESERVE TO HAVE A SAD STORY, BUT IT'S THE PRECUEL OF JUN AND Y/N's STORY:<< I'M SORRY HOSHIIIㅠㅠ
ENJOY READING~✨ AND TOMORROW'S MAMA, LET'S WATCH THEM PERFORM FEARLESSLY ✨